|Date Posted||July 30, 2022|
Trades & Services
Responsible for operating gasoline and large diesel powered machinery in a safe and appropriate manner. Specific duties include heavy equipment maintenance, snow and ice removal, airfield signage and lighting, glycol conveyance, pavement repair and maintenance; year-round airfield maintenance, including garages, parking areas, and pavements.
This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
- Mows grass to comply with visibility Part 139 CVG airfield regulations.
- Assists with design and installing landscape. Mows, prunes and maintains grass and plants. Removes and shapes trees.
- Performs pavement repair and general maintenance including concrete, blacktop and joint repair.
- Ensures Airfield paint markings, signage and lighting comply with Part 139 and Kentucky Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
- Performs fence replacement and general maintenance.
- Performs snow and ice removal.
- Performs ditch-line and catch basin repair and maintenance and other excavation work.
- Cleans, maintains and secures all heavy equipment.
- Assists in emergencies on CVG Airport property 24/7.
- Routinely input labor and materials to CMMS.
- Safety Trainer position responsibilities: provide training for airfield maintenance personnel regarding CDL, safety and snow removal; writes training programs and standard operating procedures.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED and five years related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Maintain Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) clearance
- Valid Commercial Driver s License (or ability to acquire Class A CDL within 6 months of hire date). Additional endorsements of Passenger are preferred.
- KY state license for those that are applying herbicides and pesticides.
- Basic and Advanced ASOS training.
- Applicable OSHA safety standards and other Federal, State and local regulations;
- Operation of gas and diesel powered equipment;
- Personal protective equipment.
- Demonstrated skill in following verbal and written instruction;
- Clearly and effectively communicating both orally and in writing;
- Establishing and maintaining effective, fair, cooperative, collaborative and respectful relationships with internal and external colleagues, peers, work teams and workgroups.
ADA AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Heavy Work: exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.