|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Trades & Services
Applications Engineer - Electric Motors
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer focal point for engineering product development and support.
- Align customer requirements with capabilities and technology roadmaps.
- Develop, test, and analyze electric motors prototypes both electrically and mechanically based on customer specifications.
- Modify engineering drawings from preliminary concept, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data.
- Provide project leadership to cross-functional teams, including external resources
- Identify major milestones with delivery dates, tracking progress to detailed schedules and coordinate resources
- Ability to facilitate meetings, including the communication of defined agenda and timely meeting summary preparation.
- Coordinate manufacturing and quality departments during prototype and initial production builds.
- Support purchasing and procurement activities for sourcing component parts
- Interact and support other departments as required.
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills and abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- 6+ years of industry experience involving electric motors (Industrial, automotive, or commercial applications)
- Knowledge of all forms of electric motors (AC/DC, PM, three phase)
- Experience with solid modeling (SolidWorks) or Electrical FEA software (ANSYS, MotorCAD).
- FMEA, GD&T, & DFM experience is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong MS Office skills in Excel, Word, & PowerPoin