|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
The Application Engineers are the primary technical resource for the aftermarket sales force, and are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. Working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate, the Application Engineer must be able to identify and provide reliable solutions for all technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. The Application Engineer must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and application.
- Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs/RFQs
- Listen, understand and convey customer requirements.
- Identify customer's needs and sales opportunities to help future growth
- Perform inspections of existing Crown equipment during plant shutdowns, assist plant/contractors with recommend repairs, and provide each customer with a field report if assigned.
- Travel to customer sites to deliver sales presentations, demonstrate equipment advantages, provide technical training, or to follow up on a sales lead for CPM and Crown companies.
- Prepare field reports after all customer visits and distribute to the appropriate personnel.
- Maintain accurate records of target accounts, opportunities, quotes, projects, contacts and correspondence in company databases
- Assist in the design and development of new equipment to meet the customer's needs.
- Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- Maintain professional business relationships with customers worldwide.
- Provide status of ongoing projects and future projects.
- Perform various engineering calculations and analyses related to process design and equipment sizing and selection.
- Manage the field schedule and work with the Field Services Manager to schedule field technicians to service calls if assigned.
- Create SAP quotations, opportunities, sales orders, and purchase requisitions according to the procedures as assigned.
- Create SAP service calls, equipment cards, service quotations, service sales orders, and deliveries according to the Field Service Work Instructions as assigned.
- Observe all Crown & OSHA safety policies and/or customer's safety policies, whichever is stricter.
- Assist or manage the development and deployment of new or existing systems, procedures, or policies as assigned.
- Travel to other Crown and CPM offices to collaborate with or train internal colleagues.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in customer service, sales support, or project management.
- Demonstrable experience in collaborating with cross-functional team, creating values for end customers, and driving operational excellence within areas of responsibility.
- Must be flexible and able to drive change management
- Self manages; takes initiative and able to collaborate across geographies and functions in a matrixed environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
- High integrity and ethics.
- Understand and resolve technical questions and requests.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret contracts.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Strong Microsoft office skills.
- Operate office machines and type at a speed necessary for successful job performance.
- Required knowledge of SAP Business One or other similar ERP system required.
- Preferred Knowledge of SharePoint.
- Preferred knowledge of a CRM system.
- Required knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Preferred knowledge in Autodesk Inventor.
- Must be able to communicate in English fluently. Ability to communicate in a second language - European or Asian languages preferred but not required.
- Ability to travel on need basis - domestically or internationally and up to 50% of the time.