|Location||Schenectady, New York|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2022|
Trades & Services
Why You Should Join the Service Experts Team?
Our team consists of the very best; we believe in doing what is right for our customers and our employees. We provide our employees with the training, support and an opportunity for unlimited professional growth. Join us and become an EXPERT!
Service Experts Company Perks and Benefits for YOU
Top Pay for Top Performers, including incentive and bonus opportunities, depending on the position
- Our Top Plumbers earn over $130,000
Generous PTO provided
- 19 paid days off within your first year of employment (vacation, personal holidays, & national holidays)
- 24 paid days off after your 2 nd year of employment
- No layoffs during "Slow Season" - due to our extensive customer base, you will never have to worry about not being able to provide for your family year-round
- Ready to get out of your work truck? We have ample advancement and career-growth opportunities available across the U.S.
- Hold on to your more of your paycheck with Company-sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance programs
- We provided wellness program options for free employee medical
- Company-provided smart phone, tablet, uniform plan, and tool replacement program
- We ll make you better at what you do with our internal Training Academy
- Best-in-class 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with attractive company matching contributions
- Company-paid employee Life Insurance with options for YOU and your Family!
- Short-term and Long-term disability insurance options that will protect you and your family if you are unable to work
- Supplemental benefit programs such as: Legal advice, pet insurance, and health advocacy programs
Come join the BEST and the BIGGEST team in HVAC: Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning, & Plumbing!
Under general supervision, performs diagnostic, service, and installation of plumbing in residential and light-commercial environments. Holds plumbing and/or gas license as required by governmental regulations. Ensures that work is performed in accordance with relevant codes. Assembles, installs, or repairs pipes, fittings, or fixtures of heating, water, or drainage systems in accordance to specifications and plumbing codes. Communicates with customer to answer questions, resolves problems, and ensures complete customer satisfaction. Promotes products and services to customer. Works under the direction of the Field Supervisor or General Manager.
- High School diploma or equivalent with training or experience in construction trades with a preference for plumbing system work
- Proficient and able to operate all necessary tools and equipment to perform various plumbing projects
- Working proficiency in basic mathematics and metric and standard measurements
- Ability to reading wiring diagrams and troubleshooting problems with plumbing systems and equipment
- Effective communication skills to communicate with customer and resolve customer issues, complaints, or concerns
- Effective and efficient time-management and organizational skills
- Valid driver s license with acceptable driving record
- Available to work flexible hours and on-call shifts as needed
- Ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, including but not limited to the following: hot, cold, outdoor, indoor, dry, humid, slippery surfaces, heights, and congested areas
- Ability to safely climb 300lb load capacity rated ladders
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds with assistance and ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Assists the Journeyman Plumber in maintaining and repairing plumbing systems carrying water, steam, chemicals and fuel in heating, cooling, lubricating and other process piping systems by replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, or opening clogged drains
- Under direction supervision, may repair or replace plumbing fixtures; test joints and pipe systems for leaks, open clogged drains, measure, cut, thread, bend, ream and install pipe and pipe fittings
- As directed, assembles pipe sections, tubing, or fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing, or welding equipment
- Cuts openings in structures to accommodate pipes or pipe fittings, using hand or power tools
- Measures, cuts, threads, or bends pipe to required angle, using hand or power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, or pipe-bending machines
- As directed, installs underground storm, sanitary, or water piping systems, extending piping as needed to connect fixtures and plumbing
- In conjunction with the Journeyman Plumber, ensures company property, vehicles, and tools are being used, maintained and properly accounted for
- Represents the company professionally, honestly, and ethically in all business matters and activities
- Performs similar/other duties as needed or assigned
- Regular, reliable attendance