|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Construction Innovations Corporate - Mather - Mather, CA
Construction Innovations is seeking mechanically inclined creative problems solvers to serve as Assistant Product Engineers. This position will act as the assistant to Product Engineers who will design and detail various products including assemblies and manufactured parts for electrical construction projects. Project types may be commercial building and industrial, utility-scale PV solar plants, other renewable energy plants, or substation, transmission and distribution. The ideal candidate possesses a technical background, the ability to effectively communicate, and has great attention to detail.
- Support product engineers throughout all stages of design and implementation
- Interpret technical drawings and product information data sheets.
- Support product engineers in the development of detailed installation plans, especially product installation details.
- Create BOMs for all material including assemblies and sub-assemblies of electrical systems
- Perform cost analyses
- Guide field personnel on intended methods of installation and collect feedback.
- Suggest ideas for new products that create value.
- Support product engineers throughout the product development lifecycle
- Assist in the implementation of new products and inspect products for conformity with design criteria including fabrication oversight in the plant and installation oversight in the field.
- Train on and perform duties in accordance with the quality management system (QMS).
- Traveling to project job sites (up to 10% working time away from office).
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience on electrical construction projects.
- Understanding of electrical materials, and construction means and methods.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of renewable energy projects gained either through a trade education or engineering degree highly preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Accubid or Revit is a plus, but not required.
The Assistant Product Engineer position splits time between both office and field environments. The office is an open and collaborative environment where you will work both independently and with the team. When on-site, you will be working in construction environments including building construction, industrial plants, utility scale PV solar plants, other renewable energy plants and substations 12kV through 230kV. While on-site you will spend significant time working independently, often in fairly remote rural locations, possibly in extreme weather conditions.
- Occasionally required to sit for long and short periods of time.
- Regularly required to talk in order to communicate detailed, important, and accurate instructions to internal and external customers.
- Regularly required to walk for long and short distances.
- Frequently required to stand for long and short periods of time.
- Occasionally required to bend or twist at the neck and torso.
- Occasionally required to crouching, squatting, stooping, kneeling.
- Occasionally required to reach forward, grab, grasp, pinching, handle material and tools using upper extremities.
- Frequently required to lift, push, and pull objects weighing up to 25lbs.
- Required to have visual acuity with or without correction to inspect products before and after installation.
- Constantly required to hear sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to hear detailed information and distinguish sounds to avoid hazards.
This position reports directly to the Detailing Manager.
Career advancement at Construction Innovations is possible with all positions, but is not guaranteed. Advancement could be within the current department or to other departments within the company.
Construction Innovations facilities and offices are located in Sacramento, CA and Mather, CA.
Construction Innovations pays hourly/salary rates commensurate with each employees knowledge, experience and skill level.