|Location||Coal Valley, Illinois|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Did you know that all the billboards you see along the highway are built like a small erector set - connecting A to B to C and so on? Our Billboard Construction Crew Members construct and maintain our billboard inventory, and that could be you if you like working outdoors. Our Lamar office in Davenport, Iowa is now hiring a full time Operations crew member to help us bring outdoor advertising campaigns to life for brands in Davenport, IA and the surrounding areas.
Have you ever wondered how billboard are installed? Check out this video !
Lamar Advertising is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in the world. Lamar offers advertisers a variety of advertising formats, helping both local businesses and national brands stand out from the competition. We live by the Golden Rule, and we operate with honesty and integrity in every aspect of our business. We are open with our employees, transparent with our customers, and loyal to the communities in which we serve. We have been in business over 100 years, and we have stayed true to our mission and values. While Lamar is a large company, each office has its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees feel connected both locally and nationally.
Want to hear more about Lamar? Check out these videos:
- About Us
- Giving Back Program
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation & benefits package for all full-time employees. Some of our benefit offerings include, but are not limited to, multiple medical plan options, dental and vision insurance, PTO, 401K plan, and incentivized wellness programs.
This hourly range for this position is $18.50 - $20 / hour with occasional overtime opportunities, dependent on relevant experience, certifications, and licenses. We provide performance-based wage increases as well as wage increases for Lamar-sponsored training certifications.
The purpose of this entry level, full time position is to install and maintain billboards and advertisements, perform vegetation and structure maintenance, and construct and dismantle structures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Install and maintain billboards
- Remove and hang flexes from billboards, remove and hang vinyls, cut and prepare flexes and vinyls for installation
- Cut, prepare, and install copy on Tri-Visions
- Erect and dismantle billboard structures.
- Responsible for structure and vegetation maintenance, including painting, repairing walkways and trim, trimming trees, and cutting grass.
- Responsible for pre and post trip preparations, including folding and loading billboard vinyl, completing trip documentations, and documenting vehicle and equipment maintenance.
- Ensure the shop and materials yard is clean and organized and old billboard vinyls are stored for recycling.
- Responsible for basic electrical maintenance, such as replacing light bulbs and fuses.
- Attend construction and installation safety meetings as required and adhere to all safety regulations
- Responsible for taking completion photos for proof of performance
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- General knowledge of Lamar, Department of Transportation (DOT), and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety regulations.
- Ability to safely use construction and vegetation equipment, in regards to the construction and maintenance of outdoor structures.
- Ability to safely use vegetation equipment, in regards to the maintenance of structures and Lamar building.
- General knowledge of electrical procedures and techniques.
- Ability to document installations, through photographs and written logs
- Ability to learn to safely use welding & torching equipment
- Must be willing and able to learn how to use a smart phone for various job tasks
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A high school diploma or Equivalent
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Ability to complete OSHA 10-hour Construction course required
- Previous experience working at heights up to 100 ft. above ground preferred
- Or some equivalent combination of education & experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The primary work environment for this position is outdoors, requiring the ability to work in adverse weather conditions and climb at heights up to 100 ft.
- The physical demands for this position are moderate to heavy lifting, pushing, reaching, seeing (reading, color distinction, acuity, depth perception, and peripheral vision), sitting less than 50%, standing, stooping, talking, turning, walking, and climbing (up to 100 feet).
- Nights spent traveling, away from home, are less than 10%
- On-call shifts may be required.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State or Federally protected characteristic
Disability Self-Identification: When applying for a job with Lamar, you will be asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you have a disability. Please take a moment to watch this video for clarification on why we're asking for this information!
California Residents - Lamar collects personal information in the ordinary course of considering job applicants. This information may include, for example, name, address, phone number and other contact information, employment history and reference contact information, and any other information provided by an applicant to Lamar. By submitting an application, you consent to the use or sharing of this personal information solely for the purpose of consideration for employment by Lamar. Lamar will not sell this information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)