|Date Posted||June 10, 2021|
PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Business Development Analyst (Renewables)
As a Business Development Analyst, you will be responsible for providing high-quality investment valuations of new business opportunities across Renewables Growth.
The post holder will be responsible for supporting a broad range of business activities, including strategy development, financial modeling economic and investment evaluation, governance, supporting negotiations (where appropriate) all in service of creating material growth for G&LCE businesses including Offshore Wind.
The role requires a strong combination of strategic thinking, entrepreneurial idea generation, commercial rigor, and will involve working across bp businesses and external counterparties.
• Lead the economic modelling of projects and deals
• Manage due diligence of model inputs and challenge assumptions to deliver robust analytics
• Project portfolio analysis and optimization including identification of key value drivers
• Identify and analyse project sensitivities, and deliver actionable insight to maximize commercial value and mitigate risks
• Performs market/policy analysis for offshore wind projects to understand subsidy regime, competitive landscape, growth opportunities, grid connection and PPA market
• Support commercial and financial structuring of projects
• Network with supporting bp groups to innovate and deliver best practice to projects / deals (especially treasury, tax, finance and regulatory teams)
• Support development of presentations to senior management and analysis for internal governance process for project approval
• Live bp's Code of Conduct and models bp's Values & Behaviour
• Experience in either an engineering, commercial or consulting role(s)
• Demonstrated ability to generate commercial solutions to business challenges
• Strong commercial bias gained from successful development of deals or projects
• Track record of delivering detailed quantitative analysis using advanced Excel capabilities
• Proven communication skills with ability to concisely present work product to business leaders
• Strong performance bias: the ability to deliver with attention to detail under tight timelines and to prioritize effectively
• Understanding of Agile ways of working
• Bachelor's Degree in any engineering, science, technology, business, or finance discipline or direct equivalent experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Flexible working will also be considered.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.