|Date Posted||August 1, 2022|
Columbus, Ohio based Materials Science International (MSI), an ISO 9001 certified company, is a growing world class manufacturer that supports a variety of industries including automotive, aerospace, and architectural and industrial glass, among others. Manufacturing is our core business and has been since we were founded in 1981. Our 30 associates work 2 shifts at our two southwest Columbus facilities (combined 75,000 sq ft).
Position Summary: The position will support MSI 's Engineering Estimating and drawings group. This is a 1st shift (Mon. - Fri. from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm) position and requires the individual to have strong multitasking skills, good communication skills, estimating experience and excellent Solid Works skills. Also, the ability to create spreadsheets and reports using the Microsoft Office software options Word and Excel. This individual's skills will allow them to efficiently and professionally create component and assembly production drawings fully dimensioned, with notes and BOM. Also, this skill set allows him/her to create estimates from review of scope of work, notes, sketches, materials and drawings. This individual will be primarily interacting with the Production Manager, Engineering, Purchasing, Sales and at times the Customer.
Salary, Benefits: This is a salaried position with an annual range of $45K to $65K depending on experience. MSI's pay scale is very competitive and experience based. Benefits for a full-time employee include health, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation and holidays and a company retirement plan. Also, MSI provides a solid relocation package.
Daily Responsibilities will Include:
• Produce, modify, or duplicate drawings using Solid Works 2D or 3D functions.
• Read, review, and/or analyze samples, blueprints, and or info/documentation to determine materials, labor cost, and processes required to provide a response back to Request for Quote (RFQ).
• Consult with Production Manager, Engineering, customers, vendors, or others to discuss/clarify processes and resources required to formulate a quote/estimate.
• Explanation or review of specifics of drawings to shop personnel or others.
• Attend Sales/Project Meetings to provide status or issue updates.
• Making Calls to outside resources for material, parts, and service costs required for a quote/estimate.
• Review quotes/estimates to confirm adherence accuracy to the initial quote request specifications.
Minimum Qualifications for Success:
• 2 yrs Solid Works CAD experience
• Estimating experience
• Basic Microsoft Word/Excel software skills