|Date Posted||January 15, 2022|
A career at Galloway provides a unique opportunity to work in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary environment. Our Full-Spectrum Approach to land development services offers all key design disciplines within one company, providing our team with a deeper understanding and appreciation for all aspects of the development process. From survey to land planning, civil engineering, and comprehensive architectural design, our team brings a multidisciplinary mindset to every project. We enjoy daily interaction and coordination among our internal teams, which allows us to build relationships and understand project approaches across disciplines.
Positivity, community and collaboration are a few of the most commonly used words to describe Galloway in our employee surveys, and we think those words truly describe the attributes of our team. We continually strive to provide an exceptional environment that fosters our purpose of enriching peoples passions. We are honored to be repeatedly recognized by our employees through numerous awards that include: Top Workplace USA 2021 [ Denver Post Top Workplace 2018, 2019, 2020; and Denver Business Journal Best Place to Work 2019, 2020.
We offer flexible work hours, a friendly and family-focused work environment, exciting projects, excellent compensation including cash bonuses, education assistance, and a complete package of benefits. We also believe in giving back to our community through numerous outreach events and volunteer activities.
_Learn more about Galloway:_ [
Learn more about Galloway in Northern Colorado:
About the Position
We are currently seeking a Civil Project Engineer to add to our team in Johnstown, CO. This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled and passionate self-starter to work directly with local and national land development projects. The candidate will work in a highly collaborative interdisciplinary office environment. The Civil Design Engineer assists in the approval and development of public and private projects within their development team
* Performs assignments designed to develop professional working knowledge and abilities, requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria needed to carry out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
* Assumes limited degree of judgment on work details and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
* Using prescribed methods, performs specific and limited portions of an experienced engineers broader assignment.
* Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results, and follows operations through a series of related and detailed steps or processes.
* Assists in the preparation of improvement plans, specifications, supporting documents, and permit applications for subdivisions, commercial developments, multifamily developments, and public works projects.
* Assists in the preparation of calculations, such as storm drain, wastewater, water system, earthwork quantities, transportation, cost estimates, and other supporting documentation for public and private projects.
* Performs plan drafting using AutoCAD and Civil3D software.
* Takes an active role in new business development by performing quality production work to build strong relationships with existing clients.
* May perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
* Bachelor of Engineering from a four-year, board-approved engineering curriculum.
* One to four years of civil engineering experience after educational requirements. Two years of land development experience highly preferred.
* Possesses Engineering Intern certification or has the ability to take the Fundamentals of Engineering exam within six months of hire.
* Possesses basic understanding of principles and practices of civil engineering.
* Possesses basic understanding of approval and permitting process for civil projects.
* Understands and uses engineering principles, codes, and standards in civil design, including site layout, grading, erosion control, storm sewer, water, sanitary sewer, roadway, and fueling design.
* Understands calculations and programs used in design of civil systems and reports, including drainage, water, sanitary sewer, and roadway systems.
* Demonstrates basic technical writing skills needed for civil reports and letters.
* Understands project schedules and budgets; is able to work efficiently within project guidelines.
* Communicates in a timely and effective manner within the team and with various agencies and other disciplines working on project.
* Is able to work on multiple tasks or projects.
The estimated starting salary pay range for this role is $75,000-$88,000
Health & Wellness
* Health Insurance We offer comprehensive health-care benefits for individuals and families through Cigna Health Insurance, with the choice of two plan options.
* Dental Insurance We cover 100% of the monthly dental insurance premium for a staff member and 50% of the premium for their family.
* Vision Insurance We cover 100% of the monthly vision insurance premium for a staff member (family members can be added on for dollars a month).
* Hearing Aids are covered at deductible/co-insurance for in-network plans.
* Health Reimbursement Arrangement Galloway-supported assistance in offsetting costs of high-deductible healthcare plan option.
* Short and Long-Term Disability We cover 100% of the long-term and short-term disability premium.
* Life Insurance We cover 100% of the premium for a life insurance policy that is equal to the annual salary.
* Employee Assistance Program Confidential guidance and resources for employees and immediate family members. Galloway covers 100% at no charge for the employee.
* ThrivePass Wellness Savings Account Company-provided funds can be used for a wide variety of personal health and fitness-related reimbursements.
* Flex Spending Account
* Pay For Performance Bonuses
* 401(K) Plan Additionally, we contribute a profit-sharing bonus to each individuals plan, based on total compensation.
* Tuition Assistance
* Flexible Work Schedule - Includes opportunity to flex extra hours worked.
* Generous Paid Time Off
* 8 Paid Holidays Per Year
* 4 Paid Volunteer Hours Every Year
* Identity Theft Protection We cover 100% of the monthly premium for the employee and family plans can be added for dollars a month.
Growth & Mentorship
* Structured Mentorship Program
* Annual Growth/Performance Reviews
* Diversity Groups Check out the About section on our website to learn more about our diversity initiatives!
Applicants for employment in the United States must have work authorization that does not require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States, neither at this time, nor in the future.
Galloway & Company, Inc. will not accept third-party recruiter, headhunter, or executive sourcing candidate submissions for this role.
Salary Range Disclaimer:
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including, but not limited to, location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of our total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include bi-yearly bonuses, long-term incentives, a generous PTO policy, and potential regional/office specific benefits.