|Date Posted||July 30, 2022|
Trades & Services
A Commercial Service Technician is accountable for properly and safely performing the tire and related services needed for all commercial tire users. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Dismounting and mounting any type of tire on drop center, semi-drop center, and multi-piece rims to service customers' needs as deemed safe by company policy.
- Match mounting, match mating dual assemblies, and radial runout as necessary.
- Inflating of tires to prescribed PSI per load requirements.
- Cleaning and maintaining service equipment.
- Performing roadside service calls on a continuous basis.
- Determining repairable tire conditions and making such repairs.
- Removing tires for retreading or repair as needed.
- Properly executing required billing documents (accurate and legible) and then submitting to management.
- Exercising proper maintenance of assigned Service Vehicle including an appearance as on-board service equipment.
- Complying with DOT regulations including driver's license for the class of truck operated.
- Following all driving rules.
- Complying with OSHA regulations and safety requirements.
- Wearing proper PPE, using cages, and following all other safety policies and procedures.
- High School or GED preferred
- At least 2 years of relevant service experience is preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license and meet commercial driver qualification requirements, including being at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision.
- Willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be willing to perform service calls on nights and/or weekends on a rotating basis.
- Good oral and written communication ability.
TCT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Customer service
- Mechanic experience
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees are eligible
- Bi-weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High-stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment