|Date Posted||January 15, 2022|
Construction Engineering Specialist I
Location: Bismarck, N.D.
Responsible for construction observation while performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies knowledge of Standard Specifications for civil engineering projects
- Obtains measurements, report progress, and records detailed information in daily reporting
- Becomes thoroughly familiar with the plans and specifications for the project being observed
- Assists with preparing and monitoring project budgets for smaller, less complex projects
- Assists in preparing engineering documents, including details, equipment schedules and cost estimates for projects, when needed
- Travels to project meetings, client meetings, and construction sites
- Answers inquiries and complaints from residents and clients
- Coordinates onsite testing when needed
- Observes materials prior to installation
- Notifies Engineer or Project Manager of potential issues
- Interprets construction plans, blueprints, and maps
- Serves as the designated client contact, when needed
- Participates in pre-project presentations and pre-construction meetings
- Establishes and maintains favorable working relations with clients and contractors and attends client meetings
- Oversees Resident Project Representatives, as needed Keeps current in job specialty by tracking and maintaining certifications
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Associate's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Construction Management or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years of experience in the Construction or Civil Engineering Industry
- Must be able to work the hours that the contractor works, up to 16 hours a day when indicated
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to prepare engineering records and to write concise technical reports.
- Ability to perform manual labor (i.e. lifting of 50+ lbs., strenuous walking, and hauling equipment.)
- Willingness to learn CADD/Design software, preferred.
- Must have valid driver's license and be insurable
Moore Engineering, Inc. has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the Employee or the Employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Moore Engineering is an EEO/AA Employer.