|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD has an excellent opportunity for a Part Time as Needed Construction Inspector to be based out of our office in Redding or Eureka, California!
Responsibilities will include:
- Review and supervise contractors shop drawings, material submittals, method statements,
- Observing and documenting work in progress for conformance with plans and specifications
- Play a lead role in observing and reporting on site non-compliances to ensure excellent site safety and quality management
- Liase and coordinate with the other multi-discipline project teams including clients and external bodies
- Assist with the processing of progress pay requests and making appropriate recommendations to client on payment issues
- Providing appropriate responses and/or recommendations on construction issues; collaborating with engineering staff on technical matters; notifying all parties of issues that impact critical path schedule
- Conducting and coordinating project closeout documentation
What you will bring to the team:
- Experience in delivering infrastructure projects
- Great understanding of industry standards within construction codes and authorities
- Strong organizational skills and the flexibility to deal with changing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
For success in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree / Associates degree in an engineering, construction or related field is preferred, but not required.
- Current Professional Engineer (PE) license or CCM certifications a plus
- 8+ years of construction experience
- Experience with municipal infrastructure, Caltrans or Federal-Aid projects a plus
- Strong experience in schedule reviews and confirming compliance with the contract specifications
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.