|Date Posted||July 26, 2021|
Engineering and Testing Services, Inc. is expanding our team of entry level and highly experienced Construction Inspectors/Engineering Technicians.
ETS, Inc. is the premier Geotechnical Engineering and Construction Materials Testing Firm in Hampton Roads. Our success is the result of having the most certified and experienced staff of Construction Inspectors and Engineering Technicians both field and laboratory, working on high-profile transportation, municipality, local, federal and globally recognized projects.
ETS, Inc has a reputation for excellence with one of the most advanced full-service Geotechnical and materials testing laboratory accredited by AASHTO and validated by the US Corp of Engineers (USACE). Our team boasts one of the highest certifications per employee ratios and we pride ourselves on financially investing in everyone with a proven formula of on-going education and training, and mentoring. And each team member is provided with the latest equipment, a great support staff, and exceptional benefits.
As a Construction Inspector/Engineering Technician, the ideal candidate will become adept in working with diverse teams, on a variety of projects, build exceptional communication skills, be able to demonstrate advanced field/laboratory capabilities in addition to achieving multiple certification levels that are critical for progression and advancement in our industry.
- Basic computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- High school diploma or recent college graduate
- Desire to work in the construction industry
- Math and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Detail oriented
- ACI and/or VDOT Certified in soils, concrete, asphalt
- Nuclear Soil Density Testing Experience
- Able to read and understand construction drawings and specifications
Performs tests of construction materials on site or in controlled laboratory situations. Provides test results to Laboratory Manager, Project Manager, Principal Engineer or Project Superintendent for specific jobs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs field testing of concrete samples.
- Tests soils and asphalt for density and conducts batch plant inspection of concrete and asphalt.
- Performs inspections during the installation of various construction materials.
- Reviews project instructions to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives, test equipment, nature of technical problem, and possible solutions.
- Analyzes indicated and calculated test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives.
- Records test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product and test method.
- Cares for and maintains test equipment.
- Communicates regularly with client and contractor personnel on job sites.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, 401k match, paid holidays and Vacation, Company Vehicle, Gas Card, Cell Phone, laptop, and company paid training and certifications.
Engineering and Testing Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any basis protected by law. ETS, Inc ensures non-discrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights act of 1964.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $26.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Construction Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- ACI Certification (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
Associated topics: building engineer, building process, civil, civil engineer, compute, designer, draw, model, structural engineer, water resource