|Date Posted||June 23, 2022|
Our client, a mid sized General Contractor has an immediate need for an Operations Manager. This would be a management position reporting directly to the owner and tasked with running the day to day operations of the company. This job offers tremendous growth opportunity.
Ideal candidate will oversee our Project Management Team, along with all construction projects. They will ensure the commercial viability of these projects by working with the project managers to achieve efficient allocation of resources and by developing construction strategies. The ideal candidate shall have superb analytical, leadership, and business skills. He/she shall have the ability to multitask and prioritize projects according to urgency or client demands, and effectively delegate tasks to project managers.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Work hand-in-hand with the project team to create a mutual understanding of the project strategy based on the requirement of the job
• Conduct in-depth reviews and analysis of all project or contract documents to be familiar with every detail and/or requirements
• Work with safety units in a bid to plan and manage safety programs for each project and make sure that all aspects of safety are reached
• Help project managers and engineers in the arrangement and analysis of projects and scheduling of reports on projects
• Oversee projects as they are being carried out to make sure that the work is done according to outlined specifications, and that they also conform with project timetable
• Convey project needs from the project manager to the management of the firm. For example, in a case whereby extra funds are needed for the completion of a project, the project manager communicates the situation to the management of the company usually through the construction operations manager
• Assist in the maintenance, development, and enhancement of the company's relationship with contractors in a bid to produce strategic partnership
• Train and mentor employees in areas of project management and estimating.
A construction-related Bachelor's degree is preferred
• Master's degree in any management or engineering field will be an added advantage
• Good and effective communication skills
• Good analytical and organizational abilities are of great importance
• Possess good leadership ability, as well as ability to work as part of a team or even lead a team when called upon • Ability to read and interpret specifications
• Ability to be proactive and to foresee events and react appropriately towards them • The ability to multitask and strategize in different situations is also relevant
• Ability to work and carry out projects within a stipulated time frame or deadline
• At least 7+ years on-the-job experience in a similar role or in any other construction capacity.