|Location||Soda Springs, Idaho|
|Date Posted||June 23, 2022|
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Construction Safety Coordinator.
- The Safety Manager (SM) provides on-site safety management in accordance with applicable policies and guidelines throughout all phases of the project. The SM functions as a key communicator between the following parties:
- The construction contractor(s) site team (i.e. construction superintendent, safety representative, foremen, safety coordinators, project manager and scheduler).
- The GE Seeds Project Manager and members of the GE Seeds project team (i.e. discipline leads for process, civil, mechanical, electrical, and project controls).
- The Bayer site manager and site team (i.e. CMR, safety generalist and/or the designated customer representative).
- The SM is expected to attain detailed knowledge of critical project components such as schedule and scope and identify hazards in reference to execution of the work. The SM must have a demonstrated knowledge of construction safety management and have completed the OSHA 30-hour construction safety course. The SM reports directly to the designated GE Seeds Construction Coordinator. The expectation is that the SM spends the majority of its time in the field.
- Manage contractor safety in compliance with Bayer requirements and OSHA regulations
- Conduct the GE Seeds Pre-Job Activities and Compliance Review meetings
- Thoroughly present the GE Seeds Contractor Orientation for all contractor personnel
- Manage and dispense the GE Seeds Proficiency Assessments
- Apply and manage the GE Seeds Recognize Safe Work Practices program.
- Participate in weekly construction coordination meetings
- Attend contractors daily tool box safety talks
- Review and approve all JSA's (job safety analysis) in detail at the task location
- Attain detailed knowledge of the GE Seeds S&H Guidelines, Bayer Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Guidelines and other contractual documents including the Pre-Bid Meeting Minutes
- Manage the contract qualification process at the site level and confer with the GE Seeds
- Construction Coordinator as necessary to ensure that all contractors entering the site are qualified or otherwise approved
- Work closely with all team members in resolving issues as they apply to safety and constructability
- Prepare monthly injury illness and injury reports (monthly man-hour report)
- Issue permits as required
- Monitor field activities at a very high frequency identifying high risk tasks and proposing methods to complete task safely
- Complete Work In Progress Audits at a frequency consistent with job hazards
- Prepare safety data as necessary for monthly and weekly reports
- SM Job Description Page 2 of 2 3/22/2021 | Ver 1.00
- Maintain documentation of all necessary files such as orientations, proficiency assessments, work in progress audits, daily notes, safety counseling sessions and formal communications
- Coordinate and participate in incident investigation and analysis
- Maintain a proactive approach to safety fostering a positive relationship with contractor managers, safety personnel, workers and team members
- Conduct and document routine safety observations, provide feedback or coaching to construction workers based on observation findings
- Conduct Detailed Safety Audits using advanced auditing software and must be technically proficient in the use of iPads and other similar devices
- Conduct Behavioral Based Safety (BBS) audits and demonstrate in depth knowledge of
- BBS concepts
IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Our client expects its colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Colleagues are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Our client defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, colleagues are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$