|Date Posted||June 23, 2022|
One of the world's leading automotive seating manufacturers is looking for a controls engineer to conduct preventive maintenance, repair, install, commission and general servicing of systems (including detailed troubleshooting of systems). Responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, on site, customer interface. With a high level of technical competence, works closely with other control technicians, service technicians and mechanical technicians on building automation activities.
- Diagnose and repair complex control systems malfunctions requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems and ability to test and write modifications in multiple languages of systems software.
- Consults with the customer through gathering of customer data and site assessments. Meets regularly with customer to become familiar with operating problems.
- Provides field proposals for retrofits, upgrades and or enhancements to existing equipment.
- Assists sales by providing technical recommendations for sales leads.
- Manages assigned project or work to meet execution of proposed timeline and customer satisfaction.
- Reports any problems or changes to management immediately.
- Interfaces with branch manager, service manager, service project manager or subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required in an ethical and professional manner.
- Provides sketches of field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and drawings. May assist with job layouts and bid proposals.
- Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site
- Properly completes required project and service documentation. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided, outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements, upgrades, and or replacement.
- Promotes the sale of add-on work.
- Adheres to all corporate and customer safety standards.
- Trains the customer in control systems operations. Delivers manuals and documentation to the customer for additional training needs as required.
- Compiles job documentation, such as certificate of completion, customer training form, training certificates and punch lists.
- Conducts extensive self study (reading, research and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency in company's product lines. Completes certifications as required by the company.
- Other duties related to the installing, commissioning and servicing of building controls and facilities management systems and energy management systems, as assigned.
- Assists in the design and configuration of building control systems as defined by the contract documents. Creates flow diagrams, sequence of operations, bill of materials, network layouts and electrical schematics as required.
- Assists in the development and testing of software programs necessary to operate the system per the intent of the project requirements.
- Compiles and/or completes project as-built and close-out documentation.
- Assists in the coordination and creation of necessary drawings and equipment schedules for submittals and installation.
- Selects, orders, and tracks the delivery of materials for assigned projects.
- Coordinates factory-mounting processes to meet factory and project schedule.
- Assists in the loading and commissioning of all system and network-level controllers as required.
- Assists in validation of complete system functionality and troubleshoots problems with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation.
- May provide field change information to the project team for the creation of as-built drawings and software
- Assists in keeping management and other contractors or customer informed of job progress and issues.
- Assists in performing site-specific training for owner operator on the total building control system.
- Participates in release meeting with project field team.
- Provides safety leadership and instruction to all controls technicians in the branch.
- Provides safety awareness while working on site with all subcontractors.
- Provides mentorship for certification of Controls Technicians and Service Technicians on complex building automation systems. Coaches, supports and trains mechanical workforce on non-complex, non-critical equipment.
- Other duties related to the commissioning and servicing of building controls and facilities management systems and energy management systems as assigned.
- 6 + years of previous Controls experience required as well as any specific certifications or education deemed necessary.
- Location: Northwood, OH
- Duration: 3 month contract-to-hire
- Pay: up to $58.64 per hour