|Date Posted||September 24, 2022|
Are you driven to achieving your goals?
Are you able to prioritize and manage your time to reach those goals?
Looking for more flexibility and freedom to work in your best scenario?
Want to work for a company with Principles?
If you answered YES to these questions, we want to talk to you about the future!
Cates Control Systems in Plano, TX is looking to hire an Industrial Automation Controls Engineer. Joining the Cates team is both challenging and rewarding. You will become an important member of a very talented and dynamic team within our industry. If this sounds like you, please read on!
You have to see our Principles at work to believe them. Our Principles are not just wall coverings, we really do work to live up to them every day. We offer flexible working schedules and expect you to manage your own work to reach defined deadlines, putting your best work into every project.
Candidates should possess these traits and abilities:
- Self-motivated, focused, and detail-oriented
- Develop and manage project deliverables to a schedule, independently or within a team
- Conscientious team player with excellent communications skills and the desire to build long term win-win relationships
- Design, program, document, test, and validate control systems
- Perform on-site startup, commissioning, validation, support, and training
- Demonstrate strong communication with colleagues, management and customers, face-to-face and written
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements, think strategically, solve problems, and develop confidence with the team and customers
- Ability to understand customers' goals and work in partnership with all stakeholders to design solutions
- Work and succeed in a fast-paced environment with frequent changes on multiple projects
- Identify changes in scope and notify the project team accordingly
- Provide input and resolve issues during the sales cycle, estimating, and fabrication processes
This position will require about 40-50% travel, both domestic and international.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent Automation experience
- 3+ Years of Experience with Industrial Automation
- Rockwell PLC (ControlLogix/GuardLogix) programming including Safety
- Wonderware ArchestrA/System Platform/InTouch programming
- Inductive Automation Ignition programming is a plus
- MSSQL Server databases
- Web programming (ASP.Net) is a plus
- High skill level with documentation (Functional descriptions, SOP, test plans, proposals) and MS Office tools (PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Word)
- VFD Setup and communications (Rockwell, Yaskawa, Mitsubishi, etc.)
- Ability to read and mark-up electrical panel and network drawings
- Must be able to navigate up/downstairs, climb on ladders, and crawl in confined areas following safety guidelines, carry/use tools as needed for instrument adjustment and test.
- Knowledge of NEC, UL 508A and other applicable regulations
- Knowledge of OSHA is a plus
- Strong software, panel testing, troubleshooting, and field startup experience are important
- On-site experience with IO check-out, network communications, start-ups, status updates, team leading
More About Us
Cates Control Systems was founded over 40 years ago and is a systems integration company that partners with manufacturing firms to develop and implement automation solutions to increase production, improve quality and reduce costs. Our customers are extremely diverse and spread all over North America (and a few internationally). Our customers make roofing shingles, fry potato chips, roast coffee, process poultry and beef, distill water, bottle apple juice, and ship all over the world.
Cates is committed to delivering quality solutions that we stand behind through service and support. Our vision is to positively impact the lives of others. We are a fun, friendly company with a strong family atmosphere and 12 core principles that guide us at every step in our success. Our culture is firmly rooted in the values of honesty, integrity, commitment and reliability. To learn more about Cates, please visit us at .