|Date Posted||January 15, 2022|
The crane operator is responsible for safe and technically proficient operation of the equipment assigned.
- Comply with (and actively promote) all Safety policies and procedures including reporting all accidents, incidents and near-misses to ensure adherence to our Number One Core Value " Safety first, in everything we do.
- Complete equipment condition reports, as well as a daily checklist of work to be done on your equipment and provide to the Project Superintendent daily
- Cleaning the machines regularly. This includes sweeping the cabs and removing trash daily, cleaning the interior weekly, and lubricating doors and windows
- Understand and comply with all Company safety policies and procedures. Know where all utilities within the work zone are located. Be responsible for your own safety as well as those working in the area
- Inform your Superintendent or Foreman daily of your equipment fuel status so the fuel truck can be scheduled if needed for the next morning
- Make a note on your equipment report and let your Superintendent know if you need any supplies, i.e.: grease, oil, rags, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Read and understand load chart, plan and assist with critical lifts, be able to set up cranes for heavy lifts and be able to control crane movement in response to hand signals and radio commands
- Valid crane operator license for the State of Connecticut
- Minimum of 10 years€ experience with pile driving, steel erection and bridge construction
- Hydraulic and friction crane experience
- OSHA 10
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
- Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with construction crews in an efficient and effective manner
- Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Dedicated and hard working
The Middlesex Corporation is an €œEqual Opportunity Employer€"Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons€
SAFELY Building America€s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 245th largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and 44th of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values ofSafetyfirst in everything we do,Qualityin all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business,Professionalismin how we represent ourselves and the company,Strong Work Ethicthat produces positive results, andCommitmentto the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified €œTop 100 ENR Company€ and being recognized as €œOne of the Best Places to Work.€
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
- 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
- Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Voluntary Benefits
- Health Care Advocate
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Member Referral Program
Please complete the employment application for consideration of employment with The Middlesex Corporation.
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other legally protected status.