|Location||New York City (Manhattan)|
|Date Posted||January 15, 2022|
Aspen Capital is currently seeking a Data Engineer to join our Portland team. This position will partner closely with our engineering and analytics teams in developing new data pipelines, while also maintaining, and enhancing - the companys current data infrastructure. Data is key to our future and we want to partner with engineers who bring a passion for data and company building.
We are in a phase of rapid growth driven by increasing demand for our services. To meet this demand, we are looking to hire exceptional developers to work alongside our existing team. Together driving our platform and services forward.
Day to day you will
* Be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of business-critical data infrastructure and help develop a strategy for data lakes and databases
* You will partner with internal teams to provide guidance on architecture, datastore selection, data modeling, and query optimization for our existing and future applications
* Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and big data technologies
* Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader
What we are looking for
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or elated engineering field, or equivalent experience
* 4+ years of demonstrated experience designing and implementing data projects from the ground up
* Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
* A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected and diverse datasets
* Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable big data data stores: Storm, Spark, Kafka
* Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra
* Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc
* Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
* Ability to quickly build effective working relationships across the team/organization
Work with cutting-edge technology. Data Science is in the DNA of Aspen Capital and we hope it is in yours as well. Join us as we rewrite the rules of residential and commercial mortgages and real estate.
We are a private equity firm based in Portland, OR and New York, NY. We utilize data and technology to enhance business insight, propel growth, transform our investment strategies and business operations, and execute industry-leading deals. The unique Aspen Capital worldview is reflected in a nimble, efficient organizational structure that allows the company to capitalize on market demands, seize business opportunities and excel in a wide range of roles including investment, lending and servicing, acquisitions, management, joint ventures, asset management, recapitalization and advisory services.
We offer competitive salary and a great benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, covering 100% of the employee premiums and 50% for dependents. We provide life insurance, short & long term disability insurance, 15 days of PTO, 8 paid holidays and a 401(k) plan with company match up to 4%. We have a dog friendly work environment, and casual dress.
*We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
*We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.