|Location||Not Specified, Michigan|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Job Description Summary
Responsible for developing data engineering jobs and workflows that enable data analytics and reporting solutions based on the given design and architecture. Responsible for executing and delivering the results using agile methodologies. Also responsible for providing post-deployment support when needed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
In this role, you will:
- Perform data profiling and data analysis for any source systems and the target data repositories
- Understand metadata and the underlying data structures needed to standardize the data load processes.
- Develop data mapping specifications based on the results of data analysis and functional requirements
- Build automated Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) jobs based on data mapping specifications
- Validate the data mapping results
- Implement Data Quality (DQ) rules provided
- Create user defined data visualizations based on ETL jobs and data functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Hands-on experience in programming languages like Java, Python or Scala
- Hands-on experience in writing SQL scripts for Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL or Hive
- Experience in handling both Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) and Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) data models
- Experience with Big Data / Hadoop / Spark / Hive / NoSQL database engines (i.e. Cassandra or HBase)
- Exposure to unstructured datasets and ability to handle XML, JSON file formats
- Exposure to Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) tools like Informatica or Talend
- Exposure to data visualization tools like Spotfire or Tableau
- Exposure to handling machine or sensor datasets from industrial businesses
- Knowledge of for industrial applications in a commercial/finance/industrial/manufacturing settings.
- Exposure to finance and accounting data domains
- Partner with other team members to understand the project objectives and resolve technical issues.
- Communicates project status or challenges in a clear and concise manner to other team members.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No