|Location||New York, New York|
|Date Posted||July 31, 2022|
HanesBrands Inc. is a global company with more than 59,000 associates in 33 countries, all working together to create the world's best apparel to include iconic brands such as Champion, Hanes, Bali, Bonds, and many more. We offer enormous opportunities for creative thinkers, for people with a passion for consumers, and for people who think like business owners. We're building a truly inclusive culture, where people of different backgrounds, races, cultures and experiences come together to make us stronger. We are a sustainable company committed to making a positive difference in our communities and around the world.
Research of Global Trends
- Regular in-store visits to gain intelligence on competitors and local market trends
- As directed by the Designer, use creative forecast services, magazines, colour authorities, websites and market analysis to assist in providing information for trend directions, story boards and project work
- Evidence of research by building of range storyboards, sketches, proto mock ups that contribute to project direction, prior to sample development
- Range presentations can be quantified by research
- Project concepts and ranges areon trend and forward thinking
- Prepare presentations - work with team to prepare quality presentations and sales tools for ideation and concept building sessions, internal range showings, sales conferences, retail range showings including correct samples, colour swatches / swatch books, storyboards and prepare special product offer catalogue pages as required
- Ensure all work for presentations is complete and on time.
- The business has high quality project pesentations and sell in tools available to them on time
- The design brief, innovation aspects and range offer is clearly understood by product, sales
- Developing design skills and knowledge that will assist in improving GM and RRP in areas such as:
- Interpreting trend information
- Raw material awareness
- Cost of product
- Garment fit
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of information that is input into the PLM system
- Shows a growth in knowledge and enthusiasm for role
- Number of spec pack reiterations kept minimal.
- When required, attend Business Calendar meetings and Project WIPS
- Decide on the best practices and processes for affective time management in finalising development information to meet deadlines
- Communicate regularly and clearly with all stakeholders
- Range is complete and ready for reviews and presentations
- Range meets all expectations in reviews
- Spec packs are on time and correct first time
- Development packs are sent on time.
- Decide on the best practices and processes for effective time management in finalising
development information to meet deadlines
- Decide what information is required to complete the development BOM in the PLM system and
ensuring that the information is accurate, complete and on time
- Ensure manufacturing capabilities support design specifications
- Find solutions and resolve issues in product design and development.
- Report on outcomes from research on trend and have creative input into building innovative
concepts and project/range direction.
- Input on ways to introduce new and improve development processes
- Positive input and improvements to product design, construction and quality
- Present ideas for future product or innovative project opportunities
- Degree in Fashion and Design or a related field
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- A track record of commercial creativity
- A proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- An good knowledge of fabric and textiles, garment construction and apparel manufacturing
- Have worked with in a team environment
- Able to use Adobe Creative suite programs Illustrator/Photoshop/InDesign etc & Microsoft 365 programs.
- Good communication skills
- Trend research skills
- Adaptability - maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment, adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures Planning and organising - establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently
- Applied learning - assimilating and applying new job related information in a timely manner
- Contributing to team success - actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals - collaborative team member.
- Managing work (including time management) - effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: