|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Trades & Services
Work culture matters. It matters because the work we do impacts not only our quality of life, but also the lives of those who matter most to us. And we take that pretty seriously. To that point, we care personally, celebrate our successes and welcome being challenged directly. And, most importantly, we do it all as a team. If that makes sense to you and you're driven and enthusiastic, bring your talents to Gemini Group as a Design Engineer.
Working out of Gemini Group's Auburn Hills office, the Advance Design Engineer will be manufacturing and development's eyes and ears at the customer, relaying customer information to the plant engineering team. With a primary focus on automotive interior trim, the ideal candidate will be passionate about automotive design, is naturally comfortable communicating with customers with the ability to translate customer issues and ideas into technical designs from product concepts through production.
Michigan based. Manufacturing obsessed. Gemini Group.
To learn more, visit:
What winning looks like:
- Working with OEM engineering teams to understand their challenges and develop alternative design, material, and process solutions for complex problems
- Designing and engineering interior trim components and assemblies including Cargo Management Systems, Load Floors, and Interior Soft Trim made with structural composite materials, such as Baypreg
- Regularly interfacing with manufacturing, engineering, and production teams at the plant in order to facilitate collaboration and progressive problem solving
- Assuming lead technical role in go-to-market strategy and supporting commercial teams in securing targeted, OEM interior trim programs
- Researching and benchmarking competitive products and material alternatives
Skills needed to win:
- Passion for the automotive industry and prior experience working at or with OEMs
- Four (4) year degree in engineering, mechanical preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience within automotive engineering role or equivalent
- Compression molding, thermoforming, and injection molding process knowledge
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Inventor and experience designing for DFM/DFA
- Ability to travel, including internationally, and on short notice
Did you know?
- 1,500+ team members (one of the largest employers in Michigan's "Thumb")
- 600 million+ components and assemblies sold and shipped annually
- 400+ customers
- 17 locations throughout US and MX
- Michigan based and always will be.
- Privately held…not private equity. We're in it for the long haul.
What do we have to offer:
- 401(k) match and profit sharing
- Flexible schedule
- Ongoing personal and professional development training
- Core values that promote work-life balance and a self-employed mentality
- Working with amazing people in a culture where we recognize each other's wins and celebrate together
- Highly collaborative environment
So, are you ready? Are you ready to join Gemini Group's winning team? Admittedly, any decision to make a change is not without risk. As such, maybe it makes sense for us to have some discussion around fit? At the end of the day, you will know more about us…and we will both know whether this is the right fit. Either way, a great way to get the conversation rolling is by applying.