|Location||Elmira, New York|
|Date Posted||July 31, 2022|
Trades & Services
Assists in setting up the assembling and disassembling of patient trays. Serves food to Arnot Health personnel and visitors from a counter or steam table. Prepares and serves food for patients from patient cold table for cook-chill system. Performs duties, which insure the cleanliness and appeal of dietary areas, such as removing soiled linen and dishes and rearranging furniture and equipment. Performs a variety of unskilled tasks as directed by the Dietary Department. Responsible for cleaning of dietary area, equipment, working space, waste cans and trash area. Filling beverage dispenser. Supply patient care areas with appropriate nourishments. Monitors, maintains and records food temperatures per policy and regulatory agencies following the HACCP guidelines for food safety assurance in the production and service of food.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Places food on patient trays according to patient selective menus; and places trays in proper location and sequence in retherm cart, sets menu minder as needed. Prepares minor items for tray service. Requisitions food and supplies as needed. Docks retherm carts.
2. Prepares counter for serving, serves personnel neatly and assists in preparation of food for serving such as toast, coffee and desserts. Makes changes in counter and steam tables as required. Prepares minor items for tray service. Requisitions food and supplies as needed.
3. Acts as cashier.
4. Cleans counters, steam tables, cold tables, dining room tables and chairs, ovens, ranges, hoods and sinks. Transports soiled dishes for Doctor's Dining Room to conveyor.
5. Assists in the preparation of nourishments for between meal feedings.
6. Replenishes table supplies and silver, waits on tables and serves at special functions as required. Passes and retrieves trays for patients on selected units.
7. Prepares dishes, silver, trays and cooking utensils for washing process either by machine or hand. Washes racks, cleans walls and floors in compliance with sanitary regulations. Removes trash form Dietary area to designated place as needed. Removes trays and cooking utensils from machine placing them in proper storage area. Washes food carts and utility racks. Performs other general tasks as directed to insure efficient dietary operations. May be assigned tasks in other departmental operations in emergencies or in case of unusual circumstances.
8. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
9. Assists in receiving and storing food and supplies. Portions food proper containers for distribution to patients.
10. Delivers and returns retherm carts and soiled tray carts to and from patient areas and special meeting areas.
11. Is responsible for attending all annual mandatory educational programs as required by position.
12.Employee understands and demonstrates the importance of satisfying the needs of the customer/patient by interacting with him/her in a friendly and caring way, being attentive to the customer's needs, both psychologically and physically, and by taking the initiative to maintain communication with the customer in order to provide a secure and pleasant experience with the Arnot Health.
13. It is understood that this lists typical duties for the classification and is not to be considered inclusive of all duties, which may be assigned.
High school or equivalent to satisfy job requirements.
Ability to read and understand food requirements for all dishes.
CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION (CPR) REQUIREMENTS:
No CPR required.
Some physical effort or strain required. May involve lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching or stooping. Required to be on feet for long periods of time.
Category III. Tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. And Category I tasks are not a condition of employment.
A.D.A Essential Functions