|Location||Little Rock, Arkansas|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Ritter Communications has been at the forefront of the local communications industry for more than a century. We began providing telephone service in Northeast Arkansas in 1906. Since then, Ritter has become a regional telecommunications provider delivering a broad and competitive range of communications products and services to businesses and residents in Northeast and North Central Arkansas and West Tennessee. By providing our Business Services customers with the most innovative and integrated technology and services, we're dedicated to reducing their costs and maximizing their profits with customized connectivity solutions. Our Residential Services customers enjoy lightning fast Internet speeds, cable TV and HDTV and reliable local and long distance phone service. Our services are delivered and supported by a dependable team of local industry experts.
The Director of OSP & Construction is responsible for leading Outside Plant Engineers, Construction Coordinators, Fiber Splicers, sub-contractors and other construction resources in the daily execution of projects and deliverables, such as the operations of construction, installation, repair, design and mapping, and direction of building maintenance staff. This role provides leadership by ensuring that efficient preparation and implementation occurs with forecasts, estimates, budgets, plans, inspection, testing, and other related job duties. The Construction Director serves as a leader by guiding and developing team members and maintaining close working relationship with all partners to support and oversee build activities within the network.
Essential Job Functions:
- Directs the work of construction and engineering staff;
- Manages relationships and ensures deliverables are met with sub-contractor partners for network builds;
- Ensures that the team manages compliance with RUS and industry specifications by staking all lines to be built and organization necessary paperwork and staking sheets;
- Monitors the routing of lines, equipment requirements, installation drawings, costs estimates, construction work, and other project specifics;
- Attends various meetings with management, departments and vendors to ensure company objectives are met;
- Participates in inter-departmental planning meetings to coordinate and communicate activities related to the successful completion of projects;
- Responsible for performance management and employee development activities including performance reviews and time approvals;
- Makes job safety a primary objective in all duties;
- Travels to customer sites, project areas, business related events, and other Ritter Communications locations as required;
- Other related duties and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of telecommunications construction and engineering practices and principals;
- Knowledge of industry regulations affecting engineering projects;
- Knowledge of management principles and practices;
- Knowledge of company products and services;
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs, and telephone systems;
- Skill in oral and written communication;
- Skill in reading and interpreting technical documents and forms including purchase orders, invoices, expense reports, time reports, material requisition forms, work orders, trouble tickets, and service orders;
- Ability to communicate with customers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner;
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments;
- Ability to pay close attention to detail;
- Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand;
- Ability to create a team environment and sustain employee morale;
- Ability to travel for business requirements; must possess a valid Driver's License with a satisfactory driving record.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent plus five to seven years experience in network construction and installation/repair operations, with five years of management experience is required.
Experience in managing contractors through large scale network builds is also required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)