|Location||Winter Park, Florida|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
100 Years of Experience at Work for You!
Since 1920, the professional men and women of Hubbard Construction have literally paved the way for hundreds of public and private projects that have supported Florida's rise to prominence.
Hubbard is one of Florida's largest heavy civil construction companies. We are proud to be a part of Florida's history and we are eager to continue to serve the Florida market and beyond.
The scope of Hubbard's work includes complex highway projects, site development, paving, utility and drainage systems, surveying, RAP and hot mix sales, and state-of-the-art bridge building. We provide multiple delivery systems in design-build, bid-build, public/private-partnerships and design-build finance.
Hubbard Construction's parent company, Eurovia, operates through a network of 330 agencies and 770 production sites, in 17 countries around the world.
Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Dozer. The Dozer Operator levels and scoops soil and controls the direction and angle of the equipment to move rocks and debris.
* Operate the dozer in a safe and appropriate manner.
* Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
* Understand, interpret and follow directions from foreman and other supervisors.
* Operate dozer controls to regulate height and angle of the dozer blade and lower scraper to loosen packed soil to permit grading.
* Use the dozer to level soil, move rock and debris, and scoop soil.
* Other duties as assigned.
* General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Dozer Operator. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with visitors, job site supervisors and fellow employees. A minimum of three years (3) of experience required.
* Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Dozer Operator to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
* The employee will also stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* The employee may lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* The operator must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile equipment safely.
* Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
* The ability to hear, understand, and distinguish speech and/or other sounds (e.g., moving equipment, backing alarms, or other alarms, instructions/directions from supervisor and/or spotter).
* Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that a Dozer Operator encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
* Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
* Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
* Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and ready mixed concrete.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
Blythe Construction, Inc. - Hubbard Construction Company - Northeast Paving - Sunmount Paving - Virginia Paving Company, are hereby referred to as Eurovia USAAccessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources atBlythe Construction, Inc.: Phone: Hubbard Construction Company: Phone: Eurovia Atlantic Coast, LLC:Phone:
Eurovia USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Eurovia USA is committed to providing a fair and equal employment opportunity workplace. All hiring and promotional decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status that is protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: