|Location||Salt Lake City, Utah|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Flynn Group of Companies is the leading trade contractor in North America that works on virtually every aspect of a building's outer layer, including roofing, glazing, waterproofing, and architectural metals. The foundation of our award winning success is having the right people on our team. Thanks to the contributions of the most talented team in the market and a collaborative, supportive culture, Flynn has steadily grown since 1978, and continues to do so.
Flynn Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer - minorities/women/disabled/protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
All employees hired must pass a pre-employment drug test, have a valid driver's license and/or reliable means of transportation, and proof of legal ability to work in the U.S.
Applicants are not required to disclose criminal convictions prior to receiving a conditional offer of employment. However, as a government contractor working on schools, military bases, and other secure jobsite, employees may undergo a criminal background check as a condition of employment. Flynn will consider the following when evaluating applicants with criminal records: (1) The nature and gravity of any criminal offense or conduct; (2) the duration between the criminal conduct and the employment application; and (3) the nature of the duties and essential functions of the position sought.
At Flynn, it's not just a job, it's a career
Drafter - Glazing Department Flynn Group of Companies Salt Lake City, UT TOP Compensation and benefits! Use CAD drafting to create building envelope designs for all projects assigned. While working collaboratively with project team and clients throughout the process.
A Day in the Life
- Prepare and submit accurate set of shop drawings and concise take offs on all projects assigned.
- Assist the job captain with coordination including planning, scheduling and execution of the task assigned for the project.
- Keep consistent and professional interactions and communication with clients and project team, both written and oral.
- Use CAD drafting to create 2-D and 3-D designs including building envelope details.
What we are seeking
- Ability to learn the building envelope systems including wall cladding, curtain wall, window and door systems including installation means and methods.
- Strong computer skills - AutoCAD and Microsoft Office & Outlook
- Construction and design knowledge.
- Aptitude for working independently on assigned projects
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to meet changing priorities and strict deadlines
- Work successfully in a team environment
- You will be given access to the proper training and technology needed to be successful.
What we offer
- Full benefit package
- Competitive Compensation
- Growth Opportunities
- Fun collaborative team