|Location||Calumet City, Illinois|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2022|
Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Role & Description: Environmental, Health & Safety Manager ; This position manages all aspects of the EHS culture and performance with respect to safety, health, environmental, and security efforts to achieve and maintain compliance with Federal, State, and Local environmental and safety regulations, company policies, and other requirements in a cost effective manner.
- Establish EHS goals and objectives for the site, working with the Plant Manager and Staff to ensure optimum performance and regulatory compliance.
- Work with Maintenance and Engineering to ensure PSM compliance.
- Oversee safety compliance for Lock Out/Tag Out, Hot Work Permitting, Confined Space Entry, PPE Respiratory Protection, etc. and routinely audit performance.
- Oversee Industrial Hygiene compliance for Ergonomics, Chemical Exposure, Bloodborne Pathogens, AED, etc.
- Serve as main contact for regulatory audits both internal and external.
- Maintain Radioactive License, Boiler Safety Certificates, etc.
- Participate in Corporate EHS initiatives and assist other company locations as needed to ensure maximum utilization of the resources.
- Manage and direct activities for the site s environmental programs, including air quality, waste management, environmental training, and process area and equipment.
- Maintain a thorough and up-to-date working knowledge of Federal and State environmental and safety regulatory requirements affecting company operations and ensure plant is in compliance.
- Manage the collection of compliance data and implement data management and reporting tools that support key environmental compliance activities.
- Ensure that requirements are established, implemented, and maintained in accordance with the requirements of RC14001.
- Oversee wastewater and hazardous waste management.
- Oversee preparation of all regularly scheduled reports required by Local, State, and Federal regulatory agencies.
- Provide training and other technical support to ensure plant environmental compliance and continuous improvement efforts are maintained throughout the site.
- Other duties as required.
Context & Environment:
- Supports the site HES policy and complies with all regulatory and internal requirements
- Participates in HES activities provided by site management and Bostik(e.g., Behavioral Base Safety, SafeStart, etc.)
- Supports and promotes the reporting of all health, safety, environmental, near-miss, accident or injury incidents
- The compliance support includes the coordination and administration of existing HES programs, including determining the applicability (and non-applicability) of regulatory requirements to the Operations facility located in Calumet City, Illinois.
- Provide technical support to the PSM program.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated and corrective actions implemented
- Ensure department members follow required HES training
Qualities & Accountabilities:
- Excellent communications skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Strong leadership ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including good coaching skills.
- Critical thinking and data analysis skills.
- Demonstration of ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Ability to develop and implement HES work processes.
- Ability to effectively to present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Honest, trustworthy, and fair when performing duties.
Qualifications & Certifications:
- BS in Engineering or similar degree (Chemical or Environmental Engineering preferred) OR BS in Science with emphasis on Safety, Health and/or Environmental Applied Sciences or Occupational Safety
- Minimum of 5 years industrial safety experience.
- Experience in a PSM-regulated manufacturing plant required.
- Knowledge of HES regulations, rules and processes/best practices is required.
- Strong computer skills needed.
- Licensed WWTP operator preferred.
- Ability to walk, climb, and lift 50 pounds.
A career with Bostik offers a collaborative work environment and supportive development to reach your career goals, with benefits starting day one as part of our competitive total rewards strategy. Bostik, an Arkema company, is a leading global adhesive specialist in construction, consumer and industrial markets. For more than a century, it has been developing innovative adhesive solutions that are smarter and more adaptive to the forces that shape daily lives. From cradle to grave, from home to office, Bostik s smart adhesives can be found everywhere. With annual sales of €2 billion, the company employees 6,000 people and has a presence in more than 50 countries. . The diversity of our employees is an asset we value and commit to from recruitment through career management. Bostik is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications
Building on its unique set of expertise in materials science, Arkema offers a portfolio of first-class technologies to address ever-growing demand for new and sustainable materials. With the ambition to become in 2024 a pure player in Specialty Materials, the Group is structured into three complementary, resilient and highly innovative segments dedicated to Specialty Materials - Adhesive Solutions, Advanced Materials, and Coating Solutions - accounting for some 80% of Group sales, and a well-positioned and competitive Intermediates segment. Arkema offers cutting-edge technological solutions to meet the challenges of, among other things, new energies, access to water, recycling, urbanization and mobility, and fosters a permanent dialogue with all its stakeholders. The Group reported sales of €8.7 billion ($9.7 billion) in 2019, and operates in 55 countries with 20,500 employees worldwide.