|Date Posted||May 5, 2021|
CoolSys is the parent company of market-leading operating businesses that provide a full spectrum of best-in-class service experiences and solutions to the retail, commercial, and industrial refrigeration and HVAC industries. Our valued and dedicated employees are at the heart of our continued growth and success. We invite you to be part of that growth!
CoolSys Energy Design is a full-service consulting engineering firm headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey with branch offices in California, Florida and Texas. Our company provides mechanical, electrical, refrigeration, energy management, plumbing and fire safety design engineering services. Our goal is to continuously seek cost-effective and energy efficient solutions and designs, challenging conventional solutions and bringing innovative options to our clients. The multitude of professional services provided by CoolSys Energy Design takes a knowledgeable and experienced team who can take several disciplines and make them work seamlessly together.
Why should YOU choose CoolSys Energy Design?
At CoolSys Energy Design, we are always seeking the best and brightest individuals to join our team. We provide significant growth opportunities for employees rising to the top. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in addition to supporting training opportunities for continual professional development. Our team is made up of a group of motivated and passionate individuals who work by our mantra to provide our clients with quality services and designs. If this sounds like you, we want you on our team!
Job Description & Responsibilities
To support our rapid growth, CoolSys Energy Design is in search of an Electrical Design Engineer to join our Princeton team!
Scope Of Position
Under the supervision of a Senior Engineer, transforms initial "red-line" designs using computer aided design software (AutoCAD or Revit) into engineering drawings. We work with a variety of high-quality nationwide supermarkets (ShopRite, Trader Joe's, Target, Whole Foods) and a number of statewide multi-family residential buildings, so attention to detail and quality of work is a must!
In This Role, The Designer Will
- Preparation and creation of detailed Electrical designs.
- Incorporate selection, layout, sizing, and applicable system and equipment requirements with direction from the Senior Engineer; including but not limited to:
- Lighting and power circuitry
- Voltage drop calculations
- Short circuit calculations
- Interior and exterior lighting layouts, fixture specifications, schedules and calculations
- Low voltage lighting controls
- Electrical distribution design and single line preparation
- Utility coordination
- Fire alarm system design layout & calculations
- Low voltage system layouts including data, communications, sound, and security
- Emergency and life safety systems
- Energy code analyses
- Participate in conceptual design for specific projects.
- Comply with project schedules, regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Create and maintain AutoCAD and/or Revit drawing packages.
- Maintain responsible control over all design activities pertaining to the project, including engineering, quality control, and code compliance.
- Ensure work is executed accurately and in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Prepare engineering documents that meet customer quality requirements and company standards.
- Coordinate with local building officials regarding code compliance.
- Assist on site visits and reporting, as required.
- Provides support for other department activities as required including plotting drawings, producing transmittals and coordinating shipment of deliverables.
- Assignments are commensurate with training, proficiency and experience.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering. Other engineering disciplines are considered based on experience and skill-set.
- AutoCAD/design experience. Revit knowledge a plus.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities, as well as demonstrated high quality technical writing skills and proficiency in English.
- Team player with sound business ethics and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to achieve project goals and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors, in order to develop a full understanding of building energy systems and their operation.
This position will require minimal travel to project sites. Our ideal candidate will reside local to the Mercer/Middlesex County area. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship or relocation assistance.
Pre-employment background screening (criminal, drug screen and DMV) is required for all positions. CoolSys is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Employment Type Regular
Location City Princeton
Location State NJ
Location City Princeton
Location State NJ