|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer with a background in UAV/drone design and development. The ideal candidate should have solid experience in schematic capture and board layout, embedded systems, microcontroller programming, common data bus standards, and military specs/standards.
- Bachelors Degree in STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) from an accredited university.
- At least 5 years of engineering experience in aerospace or related technology field in a product development setting.
- Experience with unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) or drones
- Experience taking products from concept through detailed design, build and test.
- Experience with design, build, test, and production of custom circuit card designs.
- Experience with embedded systems, microcontroller implementation, and programming.
- Working knowledge of common data bus standards and implementations such as RS-232, RS-422, CAN, MIL-STD-1553, and Ethernet.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio for documentation, communication, and presentation of work products.
- Experience developing and integrating new capabilities into existing military aircraft systems.
- Experience with SAE AS50881 aircraft wiring standards.
- Experience with MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-704 for aircraft systems design.
- Experience with MIL-STD-810 or DO-160 for aircraft environmental engineering.
- Experience integrating COTS solutions into military aircraft systems.
- Experience with integrating communication systems into military aircraft (interfaces and protocols, LOS and BLOS).
- Experience with the Microchip PIC family embedded systems.
- Experience with Altium Schematic and Board Layout.
Security Clearance Prerequisites
- US Citizenship Required.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance required.