|Date Posted||May 5, 2021|
Electrical Engineer candidates should be able to work efficiently under the guidance of a project manager while leading their own tasks to completion with minimal supervision and in good harmony with the rest of the project team.
- Develop overall system design using IEC/US standards, customer specifications and guidelines with minimal direction of Project Leads and Engineering Managers.
- Utilize Autodesk ACAD-E and other custom tools to complete drawings for control panels, power distribution single lines, conveyor layouts, and other electrical drawings as required.
- Apply sound engineering principles and methods to meet project goals for scalable and robust solutions.
- Calculate power requirements and ratings for single line diagrams and control panels.
- Develop and release bill of materials for panels and field devices.
- Support remote teams reviewing panel or layout drawings to aid manufacturing and installation functions.
- Troubleshoot electrical circuits, Ethernet networks, and basic plc logic.
- Deploy and commission complex controls solutions in customer facilities.
- Be able to work and meet deadlines under pressure within aggressive schedules.
- Learn and implement best practices for conveyor control systems including flow control, gapping, and accumulation.
- Collaborate with other teams within the group and / or company to identify common problems and solutions.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering required / Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering is a Plus.
- 3-5 years of electrical engineering experience.
- Knowledge of AB, Schneider, Eaton and/or Siemens electrical products.
- Knowledge of hardware used in material handling systems, i.e. sorters, conveyors, panel electrical components, field electrical components etc.
- Knowledge of NEC and NFPA and UL508A.
- Previous experience using AutoCAD-Electrical (ACAD-E) to create electrical drawings and schematics required.
- Knowledge of industrial network protocols (EthernetIP, ProfiNET, Sercos III)
- Familiarity with PLCs (AB, Schneider or Siemens), and VFD solutions (PowerFlex, Altivar, G1XX). Experience programming PLCs is a plus.
- Familiarity with Indusoft, Wonderware, FactoryTalk View and / or Ignition is a plus.
- Ability to travel without restrictions up to 30