|Location||San Jose, California|
|Date Posted||July 31, 2022|
Job Duration: 1 year with possible extension
Reason for need: New Products
Location: Remote- Development teams sit in CA and Pennsylvania and they will be working with one of those teams
As an Electrical Product Engineer, you ll provide new product introduction for this top tech company s Optical Group, which delivers an optical transceiver product portfolio. Through empowerment, you will interact with Internal Design, Quality & Technology and Test Engineering teams to grow and sustain Optical product portfolio throughout their product lifecycle.
Must Have Skills:
- 5+ years as Electrical Product Engineer or related position with hands on PCB and PCBA fabrication process
- Understanding of system hardware architectures, design concepts, and engineering development practices
- Experience with Valor- manufacturing design tools
- Expert knowledge in PCB and PCBA fabrication process and technology and the end-to-end assembly process for printed circuit boards
- From a PCBA perspective, they are looking at the commodity components, component packaging, sawders, etc- needs hands on experience with this
- Ability to test, debug and bring-up proto boards
Companies to look at : Intel, Molex, Lumentum
Day to day responsibilities:
- Perform new product engineering and design for DFx (DFC, DFQ, DFM, DFR, DFT) on optical transceiver PCB/PCBA Form factor
- Early engagement with Component Engineering, Global Supply Management and Hardware engineering & influence on component selection, process efficiency, and design changes
- BOM structuring and BOM risk Management
- Design tools proficiency (Valor, schematic, CAD, other CAE tools)
- Assessing CM and Non-CM suppliers PCBA SMT technical capabilities
- Identifying and advancing innovations in Cisco products, services, solutions, technology, and processes.
- Ability to establish technical direction through the investigation and evaluation of new manufacturing technologies
- Crafting, analyzing, and releasing product documentation
- Cost avoidance (pre-production release) and sustaining cost reduction
- Provides manufacturing technical leadership to engineering and product team for a specific product or group of products
- Mfg. (Process) FMEA review; Design FMEA engagement and review
- Provides hardware debug mentorship to contract manufacturing test engineers
- Technical Manufacturing Leadership and direction of sophisticated issue resolution
Take the Next Step
If you are ready to take on the next step in your career and this seems like the perfect job for you, send us your updated resume.
Submit your resume and receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.
Join the TSG Talent Network to receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.