|Date Posted||July 30, 2022|
Do you love the foundational technology we use to build games? Do you enjoy collaborating with engineers and creative leads to learn about their needs and brainstorm innovative solutions? Are you curious about a wide range of engineering disciplines and helping them solve their unique problems?
As an Engine Team Engineering Lead at Bungie on an Unannounced Project, you ll be the vision holder for the team s technical roadmap for our in-house engine. You ll manage engineers and engineering leads across a diverse range of engineering sub-disciplines. You ll work with your engineering peers and project leadership to build a vision for how engine systems can enable workflow and product ambitions. As part of a diverse company that prizes work-life balance, technical excellence, and creativity, you ll work with a fun and innovative team to craft the foundational systems that unlock product opportunities and empower the team.
- Be the vision holder for the Engine Team s roadmap
- Directly manage engineers, both individual contributors and leads, providing support, technical mentorship, constructive feedback, and career development coaching
- Be a driver, decision-maker, or guide for technical decision-making, as appropriate
- Be a hiring manager and support your leads with being hiring managers
- Build and maintain a healthy and inclusive team culture
- Lead Engine team rituals (e.g. milestone planning)
- Ability to design, build, and ship game systems written in C++
- Ability to lead (managing, mentoring, or guiding) engineers through planning, developing, and shipping
- Ability to build, maintain, and evolve foundational game technology
- Ability to write clear and concise communications on complex technical topics, and use them to achieve alignment across multiple teams
- Ability to communicate with diverse customers from technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Graphics engineering experience
- Tools engineering experience