|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Trades & Services
At Brookfield Properties, our success starts with our people. People like you.
We develop, operate, and manage more than 650 properties and 325 million square feet of real estate across the globe. It's a feat that wouldn't be possible without our team, a diverse group of creative visionaries and innovative experts who are relentless in pursuit of one goal: to ensure our buildings don't simply meet the needs of our tenants, residents, and communities - but exceed them, every day.
Within our office business, this conviction guides every aspect of our work. Our signature structures not only define skylines but are also true destinations - bringing together office areas, retail spaces, and dining options all in one. And our high-end design capabilities and strong sustainability practices allow us to create properties that raise the bar for real estate everywhere. It's why the world's most respected businesses, non-profits, and start-ups choose us as their partner.
If you're ready to be a part of our team, we encourage you to apply.
Job Description / Responsibilities
Assist the engineering team with responsible, safe and efficient operation of all mechanical/ electrical/plumbing equipment, BAS controls, and distribution panels used to provide heat, air conditioning, ventilation and electrical power service as directed by Chief Engineer and Assistant Chief Engineer.
- Maintain proper tenant relations through prompt and courteous response tenant/management requests within the established and understood Brookfield policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Perform general service, repair, maintenance, testing and operations of the HVAC equipment under the supervision and direction of the Chief Engineer and Assistant Chief Engineer.
- Monitor systems for potential problems (or existing problems) and formulates solutions to be presented to the Chief Engineer and Assistant Chief Engineer for appropriate action.
- Make repairs, adjustments and changes to HVAC and related equipment to maintain established Brookfield policies and procedures not limited to the following:
- Chiller and reheat system temperature adjustments
- Building environmental controls
- Outdoor air intake and exhaust systems
- Duct dampers and splitters
- Damper motors and operators
- Air handler motor, sheave, belt and pulley, service, repair and maintenance adjustments
- Related Fire Life Safety device interface and routine code compliance
- Perform work independently in any and all areas that the Chief Engineer deems the employee to have demonstrated the ability to safely and properly perform.
- Stand "on call" duty when assigned and respond appropriately to perform unforeseen or emergency work outside of normal shift hours. On rare occasions, respond after hours in an "all hands" emergency situation to protect human life and property in the building or as backup engineer when another "on call" engineer is unavailable. During on call or emergency duty, use judgement to contact Chief Engineer or Assistant Chief Engineer for assistance when appropriate.
- Assist in training of all personnel in operation and maintenance procedures involved within the property operations.
- Operate building emergency systems (i.e. emergency generator, fire pumps, Fire Command Center, etc.) and assist in managing the XL Gaps and Brookfield standards and policies.
- Performs all lighting repair or replacement needs; and service, repair and maintenance of electrical systems.
- Rig and hoist heavy equipment parts with various property provided equipment.
- Operate watch shift independently, as necessary.
- Maintain ethical, professional, and courteous relations with contractors.
- Act as a team member and fostering cooperative environment with all fellow employees of the engineering staff, property management, security, janitorial and parking staff.
- Comply with all the established Brookfield policies and procedures.
- Maintain the integrity and cleanliness of all mechanical areas.
- Assume additional responsibilities in a safe code compliant manner as delegated by the Chief Engineer and Assistant Chief Engineer.
- 5 years of building operation and maintenance preferred.
- High School Diploma.
- E.P.A. #608 Universal Technician Certification.
- Understand basic high-rise building systems design and operations (i.e. fire system, domestic water system, HVAC system, electrical distribution, combustion engine system, interrelated code compliance).
- Able to read and understand blue print drawings, not limited to mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural or architectural.
- Understanding of combustion engine service, repair and maintenance.
- Experienced in Energy Management Systems/Building Automation Systems preferred, not limited to the following - Direct Digital controls, Siemens Apogee controls, process controls, Building Automation Systems (other), Programming basic and/or advanced code writing a plus.
- Ability to perform Upgrade Enhancements in field/zone and related controllers/FPTU's/VAV's, as well as head end a plus.
- Ability to perform installations/retrofits on all of the above a plus.
- Related Fire Life Safety device interface and routine code compliance understanding.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor in emergency situations.
- Apply principles of rational thinking to solve practical problems.
- Write reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling and grammar, using all parts of speech.
- Organizational skills and ability to compile appropriate information to plan and complete tasks.
- Able to use Angus Anywhere work order program to receive and document work performed.
- Desire to learn, ability to inspire and think outside the box.
- Experience with EPA Energy Star, LEED EBO&M, and commissioning
- Ability to report to work consistently as scheduled for regular assigned shift. Able to perform "on call" duty after hours and on weekends on a rotational basis with other engineers and report to the building within 30 minutes when necessary to perform emergency work.
Compensation And Benefits
- Salary type: Non-exempt
- Pay Frequency: Bi-weekly
- Annual Base Salary Range: $30.29 - $36.53 per hour
- Medical & Pharmacy Coverage: Yes under Brookfield Medical Plan
- Dental Coverage: Yes under Brookfield Dental Plan
- Vision Coverage: Yes under Brookfield Medical Plan
- Retirement: 401(k)
- Insurance: Employer-paid life and short/long term disability