|Date Posted||January 15, 2022|
Fast growing Engineering firm in Austin, Texas has an immediate opening for an EIT position for our dynamic, positive and high-energy work environment. We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Each member of our firm is a team player and adds to our culture of integrity. Proactive, self-motivated individuals will find a good fit here.
Under the direct supervision of a licensed Professional Engineer, the Engineer In Training is responsible for assisting with ongoing design, Plans Specifications and Estimates (PS&E), construction, maintenance contracts, and focusing on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), Illumination, traffic signal, or other related traffic and transportation engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assisting in develops plans, specifications, and estimates for transportation infrastructure projects; technical documentation, and progress reporting.
• Oversee design and delivery of transit, highway, and arterial transportation design or consulting duties.
• Support marketing and business development activities for ITS, ATMS, and Tolling projects.
• Review field conditions relevant to constructability of design elements.
• Oversee traffic design, ITS design, and lighting analysis and design.
• Determine traffic conditions and levels of service to make recommendations for improvements.
• Engineer the design of infrastructure traffic improvements to coordinate improvements that would increase vehicle flow.
• Investigate potential solutions utilizing prior experience, literature review and product research.
• Develop traffic signal timing and signal optimization
• Utilizing prior experience, literature review, and product research investigates alternate component technologies or supplies for reduced cost or improved quality and reliability and implement changes.
Education and Experience: Minimum requirements
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college in Engineering, Transportation Engineering or a related field
• Engineering in Training (EIT) in the state of Texas
• Ability to handle multiple, demanding, and complex projects in a timely manner with accurate results
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Two (2) years or more of experience in related field
• Experience in Traffic Signal Timing
• Knowledge of ITS subsystems and devices
• Knowledge of current desktop technologies and communications software including Windows, serial communications, and TCP/IP concept
• Knowledge in PASSER 5, VISSIM, and CORSIM preferred
Working Knowledge of CAD - MicroStation
M-B is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time