|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Reports Directly To: Director, Quality Improvement (SBU) or Manager, Quality Improvement (SBU)
Reports Functionally To:Vice President, Engineering & Quality
Plans, implements and coordinates activities concerned with development, application and improvement of quality standards for production processes, materials, products and parts. Leads and participates in the development and maintenance of quality initiatives or projects essential to successful operations.
Direct Reports Include: N/A
Immune Specific Accountabilities
- Recognizes and understands flight/product safety critical parts and processes.
- Responsible for immediately reporting flight/product safety concerns.
- Participates in proactive risk analysis of flight/product safety critical parts and processes.
- Recognizes and understands the Just Culture policy.
- Develops and initiates quality measure of performance standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation using statistical techniques, including statistical process control (SPC), design of experiments (DOE), etc.
- Establishes programs to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement and analytical equipment and facilities.
- Coordinates operations/quality assurance reporting and interactions regarding product quality.
- Investigates and reports on quality concerns and potential implications with warranty and safety issues.
- Analyzes and summarizes compiled data from test and inspection reports. Generates statistical reports identifying quality concerns for submission to various levels of management for review and corrective action.
- Researches quality methodology and solves quality problems with other engineering staff.
- Assists training department with the development and presentation of training sessions on quality activities in areas such as measurement methodology, statistical process control and test fixture operations.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Carries out special projects as assigned.
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of company instruction, company process, quality and original equipment manufacturer manuals.
- Proficient in selection and application of statistical techniques.
- Working knowledge of precision measuring instruments.
- Working knowledge of PC's in the current company operating system environment.
- Working knowledge of production management computer systems.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret blueprints.
- In jurisdictions governed by a regulatory body or with an association that is governed by local legal requirements, registration is required.
- University degree in mechanical, industrial or aerospace engineering; or equivalent.
- Several years of experience in a manufacturing or aerospace environment.
The typical minimum level of education to perform this job competently is equivalent to completion of a university (bachelor) program in a specialized field of study and work. The work requires a sound understanding of the underlying theoretical principles and concepts associated with the subject area and an understanding of the relation of these to the responsibilities of the job. This specialized training is often recognized by a degree and/or professional designation.