|Date Posted||August 2, 2022|
Talis Group s client is an internationally manufacturer in the automotive industry, located in the Southern Indiana area (just minutes from Louisville, KY). Company is hiring an Engineering Manager to lead and direct the manufacturing and process engineering team, oversee capital projects, drive continuous improvement and maximize asset utilization. They are looking for an energetic leader that can bring fresh ideas and perspective to the team. This position comes with good company culture and outstanding pay and benefits (health, dental, vision, disability, life and 401k). Hours will generally be 50-55 depending on workload for this large, multiple shift manufacturer.
- Lead, direct and coach engineering team, ensuring employee development and training
- Ensure all production staff are trained on new equipment and processes
- Manage new equipment engineering, tooling and programming for product launch as well as day-to-day equipment efficiencies
- Lead continuous improvement activities to ensure increased throughput, maximum asset utilization and cost reduction are achieved
- Develop and implement standard processes, ensuring proper safety procedures are in place
- Prepare case justification and manage and negotiate any outside contractors for capital projects
- Develop strong working relationships with all staff and with all departments within the facility
- Ensure product quality, including review of corrective actions to solve any process, tooling or equipment issues.
- Oversee the PPAP process, ensuring all customer requirements are met
- Work closely with management team to develop strategic initiatives that improve culture, product quality, customer service and profitability.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree is required
- 7+ years of manufacturing experience
- Proven ability to progressively lead an engineering team
- Must have experience in the fast-paced Automotive industry
- Proven capital project and continuous improvement experience
- Ability to bring fresh ideas and concepts to leadership
- Eagerness to drive efficiencies and build Lean culture
This information is a brief job summary for recruiting purposes only and does not constitute the entire job description, duties or requirements for this position .
Conditions of Employment: Job offers could be contingent upon complying with the company s vaccination policy, acceptable results of a criminal background check, negative results of a drug screen, a physical etc. or any combination thereof. Please ask your recruiter about these contingencies. If you receive a conditional job offer, do not give notice until such contingency results are satisfactory to the hiring company.
Talis Group is an equal opportunity employer. All registrants are considered based upon their skills, performance, potential, and other qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.