|Date Posted||August 2, 2022|
Major OEM is hiring for an Engineering Manager located in the Connersville, IN area. The right candidate will have the ability to carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. OEM sells directly to the OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers in the automotive and industrial markets with key customers! If you have what it takes, apply now to join our team!
Engineering Manager Key Functions:
- Directs and coordinates activities of engineering department to design, manufacture, and test components, products, and systems by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Directs department activities to design new products, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures.
- Resolves problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, or concepts.
- Analyzes technology trends, human resource needs, and market demand to plan projects.
- Confers with management, production, and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Forecasts operating costs of department and directs preparation of budget requests.
- Advises management of new developments which may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental relations.
- Provides direction and example for interpretation and application of company policies and procedures to the engineering activities.
- Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies which may improve operations, and develops recommendations accordingly.
- Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must have tier one/tier two auto/manufacturing and assembly (at least two years) managing and achieving positive results.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors' degree (engineering in nature); or 3 years minimum related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
About Advantage Technical
Advantage Technical is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Technical is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.