|Date Posted||June 10, 2021|
Exabeam helps security teams outsmart the odds by adding intelligence to their existing security tools - including SIEMs, XDRs, cloud data lakes, and hundreds of other business and security products. Out-of-the-box use case coverage repeatedly delivers successful outcomes. Behavioral analytics allows security teams to detect compromised and malicious users that were previously difficult, or impossible, to find. Automation helps overcome staff shortages by minimizing false positives and dramatically reducing the time it takes to detect, triage, investigate and respond. For more information, visit .
Exabeam delivers next-generation security management technology that enables organizations to protect their most valuable information. The Exabeam Security Management Platform combines unlimited log data collection, advanced behavioral analytics, and automated incident response, all supported by Exabeam's patented Smart Timelines technology that uses machine learning to track identity and behavior over time. The company's recent industry accolades include Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. 500, and SC Awards Europe, among many other distinctions.
Engineering Manager leading the backend engineering team for Exabeam Security Applications. We are looking for someone who is passionate about building highly reliable, available and scalable software, preferably with a bend towards data and analytics. The successful candidate would believe and embody Exabeam's core values - teamwork, accountability, do what's right, and no ego. A leader who has great communication skills and who can thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Project and Process
- Day-to-day agile executions, task planning and code reviews.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time.
- Participate in release planning, sprint planning, and conflicts resolution within or between scrum teams
- Work with product management to define the requirements/user stories
- Work with customer success teams to resolve critical customer issues
- Manage conflicting priorities
- Ownership for product quality, including test automation of unit and functional tests
- Organize, structure, and manage a team of 5-7 back-end software engineers
- Collaborate with cross functional teams such as Customer Success, Quality Engineering, Systems Integration and Performance testing teams
- Collaborate with peer development teams such as AA UI, Platform, Data Lake, and Infrastructure teams in developing holistic solutions.
- Attract, hire, and retain top talent
- Performance assessment, mentorship, and performance improvement
- Salary adjustments (bonus, raises, etc.)
- Communication (written and oral) within the team and across the company
- Up - Communicating status of your team up your management chain
- Across - Communicating with peers and other functional groups across the organization, build relationships and work cooperatively with other stakeholders
- Down - Ability to effectively lead and motivate the team. Communicate news, decisions to your team. Keep everyone in the know
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science & Engineering or Equivalent
- 5+ years of backend engineering development experience as an individual contributor
- 2+ years of enterprise software product development management experience
- Experience in Java/ScalaExperience in NoSQL/Distributed Systems.
- Experience with containerization, microservice architecture, orchestration, networking (Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible)
- Experience in any of these is a big plus: ElasticSearch, LogStash, Kafka, Mongo, HBase, Spark, HadoopAbility to provide architectural input and technical direction.
- Fully experienced with development practices such as Agile and CI/CD.
- This candidate sees the success of the team as their personal success and is willing to roll up their sleeves and assist the team and customer success teams in resolving critical product issues.
Exabeam is privately funded by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Cisco Investments, Norwest Venture Partners, Acrew Capital, Icon Ventures, and investor Shlomo Kramer. For more information visit or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter .