|Date Posted||August 1, 2021|
Location: West Chester, PA area
Check out for all of our openings
The Engineering Technician will be responsible for building, reworking, and the repair of various electrical systems in support of our engineering team. This includes the assembly, maintenance, development, and documentation of various electronic fixtures involving soldering PCA and constructing custom cable harness assembles. The technician will manage and maintain the inventory of all electrical components, crimping tools, and electrical measurement devices. Other responsibilities include developing electrical test fixtures, troubleshooting, and conducting experiments in accordance with a written protocol to solve the unique needs of our product development and advancement.
Reports to: Product Development Lead
- Cable harness assembly and documentation
- PCA soldering and rework involving SMT and plated through hole components.
- Build and assembly of electrical test fixtures for supporting various electrical experiments. Maintain and troubleshoot fixtures.
- Electrical component and tooling inventory management.
- Assemble, debug, and modify circuit designs to enable experiments.
- Adhering to policies, procedures, and protocols to ensure compliance with regulatory and industry standards and practices.
- Associates in electrical engineering technology with 3 to 5 years of hands on experience or equivalent.
- Hands on experience with PCA soldering including SMT components and board rework.
- Hands on experience building and debugging electronics.
- Ability to read electrical schematics and assembly drawings for the purposes of rework. Understanding the functionality is a plus.
- Experience designing, building, and documenting cable assemblies.
- Familiar with proper electrostatic discharge sensitive handling
- Ability to select rack & stack test equipment to test systems and enable experiments
- Maintain equipment to ensure it is in good condition and can operate or be used safely. Track and document changes made.
- Searching and procuring electrical parts for PCAs and electrical test fixtures. Ability to track and maintain an organized inventory of parts.
- Have a basic understanding on using various electrical measurement equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, LCR meters, DC power supplies, and function generators.
- Effective team player and decision maker.
- Self-starter, with a hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves mentality, and the ability to define and execute project objectives and priorities on time and on budget.
- A basic understanding of analog and digital design with the ability to analyze and troubleshoot existing designs a plus.
- Electronics CAD experience. Schematic capture and PCB layout is a plus (Altium).
- Basic knowledge of SPICE simulation such as LTSpice, MultiSIM, or EWB a plus.
- Ability to work within the United States
For immediate consideration, email mackenzie and mention Job# 15627.