|Date Posted||August 29, 2021|
About Sterling Medical Devices:
Sterling Medical Devices, a provider of custom electro-mechanical and software solutions for the medical device industry, has been dedicated to helping our clients resolve medical device development challenges. Our engineering teams address the whole development process: systems, software, electronics, mechanical, quality, and compliance. Our headquarters, located in Moonachie, NJ, is a casual work environment that engages our team in cutting edge technologies and projects.
Sterling has over 20 years of experience working with doctors, startups, medical device companies and providing solutions for healthcare companies that need to scale up quickly to bring medical device software, hardware, mechanical, and mobile medical device apps to market by successfully navigating the FDA and CE approval process. We design our client's products with a focus on the user needs and requirements, while making smart design choices based on our extensive and diverse product development experience.
We are currently searching for an Entry-Level Electronics Design Engineer to join our team. This position will be responsible for developing robust electrical engineering designs and working as part of a multi-disciplined team to perform system integration for medical devices. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong design, development and embedded systems testing skills and a passion for being part of a team developing medical technologies that improve people's lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test, document, create or modify computer systems and/or programs for use in medical devices based on system design specifications from clients
- Promote the use of industry best-practices regarding merging technologies, risk mitigation, and general hardware development standards
- Understand technical requirements and stakeholder feedback and translate those inputs into effective architectural designs and hardware solutions
- Work with test engineers and other developers to resolve hardware problem reports
- Develop schematics - digital, analog, and mixed signal designs
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar discipline
- 1-3 years of industry experience in design, development and testing of embedded systems
- Micro-controller and peripheral circuit design experience
- Wifi/BLE/NFC/Cellular modular implementation and debugging experience
- AC-DC and DC-DC power supply design and layout expereince
- Experience creating schematic drawings and layout PCBs in Altium
- C programming for embedded devices
- Experience in generating electrical design documentation and technical reports
- Experience with identifying and addressing EMC and Safety issues
- Knowledge of and ability to work in a safety-related quality process. Experience with ISO, FDA, etc. would be a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of electrical engineering principles
- Knowledge of analog/digital circuitry and printed circuit board assembly process
- Knowledge of ISO 13485/14971, 93/42/EEC, 90/385/EC, EN45502, EN60601-1, EN61000, CISPR 11
- Aability to use testing tools such as oscilloscopes, programmable power supply, digital multimeter, and waveform generator to test hardwar functionality
- Knowledge of tolerance worst case analysis, reliability adn FMEA methodologies
- Ability to create and execute acceptable system, sub-assembly, assembly and.or component verification plans and reports
- C programming for embedded devices
- Ability to interact well with clients
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams in a fast moving environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- High level of initiative with ability to self-manage
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Sterling Medical Devices (SMD) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SMD does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need."
Local candidates only at this time, please. We do not offer relocation assistance.
No third-party candidates please.
- provided by Dice