|Date Posted||July 31, 2022|
Trades & Services
PDS Tech is currently recruiting for a Environmental Field Technician in Evansville, IN for a Direct position!
A Project Scientist I (PS1) is an entry level position. This is a field-testing role that involves conducting air emissions testing for industrial clients. Using a teamwork approach with other members of the testing teams, a PS1 will support the basic aspects of testing projects including equipment preparation, deployment, staging/breakdown and sampling tasks assigned to them.
- Good verbal communication skills (Internally and with Clients and Regulators).
- Mechanical and Electrical skills and knowledge of "how things work".
- Professional Appearance and Behavior.
- Maintain Positive Attitude with ability to work well in groups.
- Desire to Achieve Goals and grow into higher positions of leadership.
- Ability to submit timesheets and expense reports on time
- Safety and DOT Compliance
- Successfully adheres to Health and Safety Program Manual
- Follow all DOT requirements as trained to do so.
- Proper use of Electronic Logging Device (ELD).
- Demonstrates ability to work safely in office
- Demonstrates ability to work safely in field
- Conduct on-site field testing
- Equipment and Mobile Lab Cleaning
- Glassware Preparation
- Assist in Equipment mobilizations and demobilizations
- Follow current standards, codes and procedures regarding safe and effective use of equipment, maintenance programs and other policies as trained to do so.
- Ensure the company is represented in a professional manner while at customer sites and in the office
- Follow all test methods, procedures, and processes as trained to do so for quality source testing
Required Education and experience:
- High School Diploma required. AS or BS degree preferred (Science and Engineering related fields ideal).
- Computer skills - Basic knowledge of Word, Excel, Adobe, Outlook.
- Valid Driver s License
- Must be able to meet certain physical demands such as:
- Consistent standing or walking
- Consistent bending, crouching or stooping
- Frequent lifting of objects weighing up to 75 pounds
- Climbing ladders and/or stairs
- Use of tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity
- Ability to distinguish between shades of color
- Ability to operate an Aerial Lift from the platform or deck
- Ability and Willingness to work at elevated heights on stack platforms up to 300 feet
- Must be willing to work outdoors in industrial environments.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full Time: Must be available to work plus 40 hours as well as some nights and weekends.
Must be able to travel (up to 95%) and maintain a valid driver s license.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$