|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Trades & Services
UNIT DESCRIPTION: This is a full-time position offering a $500 SIGN ON BONUS. Predicated on 90 days of good attendance and no written behavioral counselings. Other employee benefits include but not limited to Health & Wellness Benefits - effective upon date of hire, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement, Discounts at several retailers & businesses, as well as employees eat for FREE .
Position Summary: The Environmental Svc Attnd- Sr may work in any location on client premises. This individual serves as the Environmental Services Attendent and cleans and keeps in an orderly condition facilities or locations in the areas of commercial, health care, schools, universities or other establishments. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Cleans offices, patients /residents rooms, dorms, classrooms, schools, common areas, lavatories, halls, food service areas and any other areas that may require attention.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, polishes floors and vacuums hallways, stairs and office space.
- May perform hard-surface floor scrubbing, stripping and refinishing, as well as carpet spotting and extraction, which require the use of mechanical equipment.
- May participate in the maintenance of wood floors, such as in gymnasiums or dance studios, to include cleaning, screening, stripping, sanding and refinishing.
- Cleans light fixtures, ceilings and vents, walls mattresses, furniture, windows and window coverings.
- Will be required to properly and safely use cleaning chemicals per manufacturer and Sodexo standards.
- Empties trash and garbage containers.
- Replenishes supplies and materials.
- May change sheets and replenish linens.
- May perform routine equipment maintenance and make minor repairs.
- May drive a golf cart or other vehicles.
- Moves furniture and sets-up tables and chairs.
- Notifies supervisor concerning any need for any maintenance repairs or additions.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May participate in snow and ice management duties, including the operation of snow removal equipment
- May be required to operate infection control equipment
- Assigns and checks work of lower-level employees.
- May be responsible for taking inventory and supporting product ordering process.
- Assist in training employees.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Knowledge of proper and safe use of applicable custodial equipment.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent work experience.
- 2 or more years of related work experience.
- Must be able to direct staff and allocate resources.
- Ability to learn and use established techniques for the efficient and compliant completion of duties.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Adequate/reasonable oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well alone and in a team.
- Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication devices.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond appropriately to employees.
- Possess valid driver s license if assigned to drive a vehicle.
- Certifications: Blood Borne Pathogen Training.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
- Will be exposed to various cleaning chemicals.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Benefits Eligibility: Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits, which will be effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees).