|Date Posted||January 26, 2022|
**Requisition ID:** **125468**
**Job Level:** **Mid Level**
**Employment Type:** **Full Time**
As an Estimator, you will play a significant part in the success of Kiewit Foundations Co. by directly participating in the execution of project estimates. We rely on our estimators to set the highest expectations among themselves for safety, quality, schedule, cost performance and team development. Every day you will bring your hands-on attitude to not only work on some of North Americas largest and unique projects but to also build builders who will continue to shape our infrastructure for generations to come.
Kiewit Foundations Co. is a full-service geotechnical foundation contractor operating across North America. Our experience and expertise cover a wide range of specialty foundation construction for both structural and ground improvement solutions. We operate in the transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, industrial, and oil, gas, and chemical markets. As part of Kiewit we are integrated with 135 years of construction and engineering experience that provides wholistic solutions to the industry that are unmatched.
Our rapidly growing foundations business, which includes drilled shafts, micro pile, driven pile, augercast-in-place pile, full displacement pile, soil mixing, support of excavation, anchors, tie-backs, stone columns, and other geotechnical solutions is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit focused on delivering differentiated solutions.
We are an innovative team that works on both Kiewit projects and with other general contractors across all our markets. Our staff collaborates with Kiewit's engineering group comprised of more than 60 geotechnical engineers as well as premier external geotechnical engineering firms to deliver safe and cost-effective solutions that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit's legacy of excellence.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we're supporting Kiewit or other general contractors to bore tunnels through mountains, turn rivers into energy, build bridges that connect communities, or develop facilities that power and fuel our world, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from below ground up. There's a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won't find anywhere else.
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit's culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you're ensuring a lifetime of success.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit's culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
• Perform quantity takeoffs, crew and equipment selections and pricing for the development of complete estimates.
• Review owner plans and specifications to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project; develop plan for the actual construction to serve as basis for the estimate.
• Reviews all bid and contract documents and home office legal department opinions.
• Conduct site investigation prior to forming a plan of operations to identify any problems or conditions of an unusual nature that may be present.
• Utilize engineer techniques and procedures to conduct investigation and adhere to standard company policy and procedures.
• At least two years of related experience
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in mechanical, electrical, civil or construction-related tech¬nology, OR extensive and related work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge, skills and abilities described above
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience with heavy industrial construction and specialty foundations.
• Exceptionally strong attention to detail, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Proof of eligibility to legally work in the United States
• Ability to perform duties in wide-ranging physical and climatic conditions, heights and negotia¬tion of complex stair structures
• Recent knowledge of Blue Beam and Adobe/PDF software preferred
• Working knowledge of Hard Dollar/In Eight Estimate software or any similar software suite
+ Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, **this position** **may require** **an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing** upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
_We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law._