|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Construction Innovations Corporate - Mather - Mather, CA
Construction Innovations is seeking mechanically inclined, creative problem solvers who love to travel to serve as Field Engineers. The Field Engineer serves as the face of Construction Innovations in the field, working directly with clients field installation crews to offer technical advice and support during the installation of our unique electrical solutions. Types of projects include commercial building and industrial projects, utility scale PV solar plants, other renewable energy plants, substations, and high voltage distribution/ transmission projects. The ideal candidate possesses a strong technical background, the ability to effectively communicate, and the ability to coordinate and schedule resources.
- Review and interpret project scope of work documents and design specifications.
- Interpret technical drawings and product information data sheets.
- Develop detailed installation plans, including supplemental installation drawing details.
- Identify material, assemblies and sub-assemblies needed for electrical installation and creating the associated bills of material (BOM).
- Participate in the development of project construction schedules.
- Guide field personnel on intended methods of installation and collect feedback.
- Provide leadership, including training and coaching, to Field Coordinators.
- Provide regular reports on construction progress to project management team and coordinate schedule and product delivery updates with the customer.
- Monitor and record equipment and labor productivity for on-site installation and excavation activities.
- Identify and report change requests to the project management team, prepare takeoffs for change request material, assist with change request material and labor estimates, review change request scope with electrical installation contractor, and oversee on-site implementation of approved change requests.
- Understand and ensure electrical testing requirements are met.
- Provide input and support to ensure activities on-site are conducted in a safe manner in accordance with company safety and health policies.
- Train on and perform duties in accordance with the quality management system (QMS).
- Travel to project job sites (up to 100% working time away from office).
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years on the job installation experience on construction projects.
- Understanding of electrical materials, and construction means and methods.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Design and/or engineering experience in electrical power and/or distribution systems highly preferred, but not required.
- Installation experience on medium and high voltage distribution systems or renewable energy projects highly preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of renewable energy projects gained either through a trade education or engineering degree highly preferred, but not required.
- Journeyman Electrician certification in CA or other state highly preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency in Accubid or Revit is a plus.
The Field Engineer primarily operates in a construction environment which may include commercial buildings, industrial plants, renewable energy plants, and 12kV through 230kV substations. When on-site, you will often be in remote rural locations, possibly in extreme weather conditions. Occasionally you will operate in the office, an open and collaborative environment, where you will work both independently and with the team to ensure that project requirements are met. This position is expected to provide exceptional service to the customer, answering questions and ensuring that products are delivered and installed as expected, additionally you are expected to spend significant time working independently to accomplish tasks.
- Occasionally required to sit for long and short periods of time.
- Regularly required to talk in order to communicate detailed, important, and accurate instructions to internal and external customers.
- Regularly required to walk for long and short distances.
- Frequently required to stand for sustained periods of time.
- Occasionally required to bend or twist at the neck and torso.
- Occasionally required to crouching, squatting, stooping, kneeling.
- Occasionally required to reach forward, grab, grasp, pinching, handle material and tools using upper extremities.
- Frequently required to lift, push, and pull objects weighing up to 25lbs.
- Required to have visual acuity with or without correction in order to inspect products before and after installation.
- Constantly required to hear sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to hear detailed information and distinguish sounds to avoid hazards.