|Location||San Ramon, California|
|Date Posted||September 24, 2022|
This position will manage the performance of all IT equipment such as computers, network devices, servers, printers, and VoIP phones of our managed service clients. The Onsite IT Support Engineer is the primary technical contact for the client and ensures that service delivery aligns with Parachute's standards. This individual will have an in-depth knowledge of the client's IT environment, company culture, and business requirements, with the desired goal of reducing the amount of reactive support required. Customer satisfaction, low tickets per end point and fast ticket resolution time are the primary objectives of the Onsite IT Support Engineer.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the assigned duties according to the acceptable standards established for the job role. The Field Engineer must be able to complete each essential job function satisfactorily, as listed below.
Roles & Responsibilities
Promote and represent Parachute's culture and core values in all aspects of your job duties to ensure client satisfaction
- Perform regular onsite services:
- Conduct beginning and end of day status meeting with client contact.
- Check server/network health.
- Check logs, verify backups, and review monitoring tools, resources, and applications
- Perform backup restoration tests according to schedule.
- Identify and provide other proactive services to reduce tickets and ticket time.
- Develop business/technical relationship with client.
- Perform project work as directed.
- Onsite reactive IT support services
- Implement the Parachute Standard Practices:
- Help define and implement best practices at client sites.
- Verification of installation of remote monitoring and management tools.
- Meet regularly with the Parachute Technical Account Managers, COO, and senior engineers to assess and minimize business risk and to identify project opportunities.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of client networks and computer configurations:
- Complete various network assessments and security audit reports for each client site on a regular basis.
- Create and maintain detailed IT documentation.
- Learn and understand client's line-of-business applications and associated vendors
- Parachute Administration:
- Record detailed notes and log time in Parachute's ticketing system, Connectwise.
- Update ticket notes with tasks completed on each ticket with full description of the problem, resolution steps and results.
- Work with Parachute's Service Desk on any documentation requests and discrepancies.
- Help to create better internal processes that will benefit our clients.
- Create client specific processes as required and detail in their IT documentation.
- Participate in daily, weekly, and monthly Parachute meetings.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements
- Oral Communication: speaks clearly and persuasively; listens and asks for clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication: writes clearly and concisely; edits emails and all systems/documents for spelling and grammar; varies style to meet needs and audience; presents numerical data effectively.
- Problem Solving: identifies problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; resolves problems in early stages; works well in group-solving situations.
- Business Ethics: treats everyone with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values.
- Team Builder: balances team and individual responsibilities; develops alternative solutions; resolves problems in early stages; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, Office 365.
- Knowledge of networking technologies: firewalls, routers, VPN, VLAN, DNS and DHCP.
- Extensive knowledge of desktop technologies: Windows, MS Office, email, virus/malware, phone configuration.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix, HyperV.
- Associate's Degree Required, Field of Study: IT or related technical field
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred, Field of Study: IT or related technical field
- Experience: 7+ years of experience in network / IT systems and troubleshooting steps.
- Certifications & Licenses: IT industry certifications are preferred: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
- Monthly financial bonus in addition to salary
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401k + Company Matching
- 15 PTO days
- 8 - 10 paid holidays per year
- Birthday PTO day