|Location||Vero Beach, Florida|
|Date Posted||July 31, 2022|
Trades & Services
Why Join Altec?
Field Equipment Mechanic
Work directly for the manufacturer to perform troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance. Primary products include Aerial Devices, Digger Derricks, Chippers, Cranes, and Specialty Equipment -- Made in America. In addition to our 8 major manufacturing facilities, Altec has three final assembly plants, 40+ service centers and an extensive network of mobile service technicians who travel to customer sites.
"Over the years, much has changed. But even more has not. We are as we have always been: a company led by values, powered by people and inspired to be a source of opportunity for those who depend on the performance of our products."
- You will have a state-of-the-art, late-model company service vehicle, customer interaction, and a flexible schedule
- Ongoing factory training and world-class technical support to enhance your technical skill set
- Competitive Compensation that rewards performance
- Comprehensive Benefits including affordable medical options, dental and vision care, matching 401(k), company-paid Basic Life, wellness programs, company events, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation
- Potential to work overtime to support the customer
- Values that include Enjoyment of Work and Family
- A Secure Essential Industry (supporting Utilities & Telecom)
- Career Focus, with growth & development encouraged within Altec
Complete on-the-job and classroom training in the mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic components of the product line and associated repair/service procedures so as to be successful as a Mobile Technician.
- Uphold Altec s safety commitment as well as any safety requirements of the customers
- Determine overall condition of machines through inspections and provide maintenance
- Diagnose issues with hydraulic and electrical systems
- Restore equipment to working order through component replacement and/or repair
- Exhibit positive and effective communication and interaction with other Altec associates, vendors, and customers
- Keep current on recordkeeping, parts ordering/inventory, basic contract provisions with respect to product warranties, and customer invoicing
- Utilize operators and parts & maintenance manuals in determining procedures and identifying parts
Please send resume to
And apply at
Family-owned since 1929, Altec has the reach and resources of a large organization with the heart of a local firm. "More than just building equipment, we also build relationships." Altec products and services can be found across the U.S. and in over 100 countries around the world. Safety is a primary responsibility in everything we do as is support of the Altec Company Values: Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
- Previous field mechanic, equipment service experience
- Education in mechanics, electrical or hydraulic systems
- Experience with aerial devices, digger derricks, chippers, cranes; or construction, mining, farm equipment such as excavators, skid steers, dozers or tractors; or military heavy equipment such as the MRAP vehicle, HMEE, or tanks; aircraft and aerospace or ground support equipment (AGE/GSE) or similar
We are there from the engineered design, through manufacturing and final assembly, with technical sales support and solution-driven direct sales, with forward-thinking marketing and R&D, and there for the life of the equipment with troubleshooting and repair, parts, and product support.
- High School Diploma, state-approved High School Equivalency, or GED
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and organizational skills
- Physical effort to move objects and tools that may weigh up to 75 pounds; frequent stooping, bending, squatting, and kneeling
- A high level of dexterity
- Ability to provide tools per the Altec tool policy as needed
- Ability to develop basic computer skills with Microsoft office
- Ability to support customer by working overtime
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.