|Location||Sherrill, New York|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Designs, fabricates and maintains complex new and old fixtures for processing production parts to engineering specifications while focusing on opportunities for cost reductions and quality improvements.
* Designs and creates tooling parts and fixtures utilizing CAD software. Verifies processing requirements to fixture design.
* Researches and develops work instructions for operators to ensure weldments meet engineering specifications.
* Designs and creates programming to use on machine centers.
* Designs and fabricates complex fixtures to production prints with tolerances in mind along with safety, quality and productivity.
* Performs all job duties listed in Fixture Technician I job description.
* Performs other duties as assigned
Job Skills Requirements
* Basic reading, writing and math skills.
* Must be able to read engineering drawings.
* Proven proficient in knowledge and use of established weld design procedures, tools and equipment.
* Fluent in English and primary language used in area of responsibility and/or location
High School diploma
A minimum of 1 year of related experience in a manufacturing environment
Physical & Environmental Requirements
Moderate physical demand; often lifting/moving average weight (25 to 50 lbs/11-27 kgs), and occasionally lifting heavy weight materials (up to 70 lbs)
Ability to stand and/or walk constantly over a full work shift (8-12 hours)
Ability to perform occasional to frequent pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, twisting, crawling and/or reaching over a full work shift (8-12 hours)
Briggs & Stratton, LLC, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is the world's largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiaries include North America's number one marketer of pressure washers, and it is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of power generation, lawn and garden, turf care and job site products through its Briggs & Stratton, Simplicity, Snapper, Snapper Pro Ferris, PowerBoss, Allmand, Billy Goat, Murray, Branco and Victa brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents.
Briggs & Stratton, LLC is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. Briggs & Stratton also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.
Nearest Major Market: Utica
Job Segment: Engineer, CAD, Drafting, Maintenance, Engineering, Manufacturing