|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Experis, a ManpowerGroup company, has an exciting opportunity with our client, a global biopharmaceutical company that is engaged in the discovery, development, and manufacturing of healthcare products
Title - Field Engineer
Location - Houston, TX
Duration: 18 months
This role is responsible for providing expert software technical support services for customers.
Provide first response and remote solutions where possible to customers experiencing technical systems difficulties, specifically Centricity PACS software.
Ideal candidate will possess excellent working knowledge of the current technology being used in Software Products (for example, Linux, Windows, SQL, etc.).
Working knowledge of operating system and associated tasks (for example file transfer, etc.).
Working knowledge of networking and load balancing concepts. Will be able to work within a team environment and will be responsible for achieving all defined goals and milestones.
Performs maintenance and support of the applications.
Position requires ability to communicate effectively with customers and coworkers regarding technical issues.
Follows proper procedures for reporting standard application bugs and updating library if appropriate.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
* Uses advanced troubleshooting techniques and programming/scripting skills to make needed queries and modifications to customer database(s) (Sybase/SQL) to ensure information integrity for the customer
* Experience working with DICOM standard
* Uses advanced troubleshooting techniques and programming skills to analyze and resolve customer issues as assigned in compliance with the standard turn-around time or project milestones
* Uses standard utilities and programming skills, deliver software to customer sites from GEHC standard version libraries
* Owns, updates and closes ServiceCloud cases as well as informs customer and GE teams of case status. This includes Install/Upgrade and Support cases
* Supports product or application with little or no assistance, while maintaining a high level of quality following all GEHC department standards
* Is responsible for quality solutions to be implemented at client sites
* Understands and follows corporate, divisional and departmental standards
* Adheres to and advances the use of GEHC coding conventions, debugging techniques, tools, and documentation. Expert in the use of a wide range of debugging techniques
* Analyzes and resolves complex software issues with minimum assistance
* Assists in conducting business evaluations and document findings in the agreed upon turn-around times
* Acts as a resource, coach, and mentor as applicable, including serving as a functional resource to staff and customers
* Specifies, sets up, codes, and processes complex conversion and interfaces for assigned clients as applicable - meeting all project plan dates set
* Displays in-depth knowledge to support multiple products or suites with little or no assistance, while maintaining a high level of quality and following all GEHC department standards
* Has a concentration in/familiarity with other applications to develop integration expertise
* May write or contribute user/technical documentation and case notes
* Meets with customers as necessary, analyzes their needs, and provides insight into products and their functionality
* May be required to work overtime, on-call, weekends, and holidays while doing best to minimize cost to company
* Identify and report any personal quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization
* Ensure timely dispatch closure
* Ensure completion of all field modifications instructions (FMI's) within prescribed timeframe as well as system health checks
* Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible
* Flexibility to provide onsite support, within a specific region when required
* Provides advanced customer support in 24x7 environment
1. Bachelor's Degree with minimum of 3 years technical working experience or Associates Degree and 5 years of technical customer support experience or High School Diploma/GED and High School and 7 years of customer support experience.
2. Computer skills to include knowledge of software programing, database applications and networking
3. Ability to travel to site and interface with healthcare professionals, up to 5 days/week
4. Ability to work in a remote environment when not at a customer site
5. Ability to work independently with minimum direction
6. Effective communication skills.
7. Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with cross-functional teams, requires regular travel to customer sites within the region
8. Builds expert knowledge of assigned customer(s)
9. Primary resource for assigned customer(s) within the specific region
10. Manages open cases, works with Support Team to address escalations
11. Runs proactive checks for assigned customer(s)
12. Understanding of Radiology/Cardiology workflows, HIS/RIS data flow and overall understanding of PACS, DICOM, HL7 and load balancing concepts
13. Understanding of Vendor Neutral Archive (VNA)
14. Understanding of Virtual Environments
15. Understanding of Cloud computing and storage
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT or related field
2. Knowledge/experience with the healthcare industry
3. Strong customer-service skills
4. Highly motivated team-player
5. Prior project or technical leadership experience
6. Demonstrated ability to train/mentor peers
7. Ability to stay calm in pressurized situations and coach people through solving problems
8. Ability to drive improvements in efficiency
9. knowledge of GE Healthcare products preferred
10. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Excellent computer skills, Networking ability