|Location||Little Rock, Arkansas|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2022|
The Golf Course Maintenance Worker is primarily responsible for operating equipment and providing knowledge, labor and support for the daily conditioning of the golf course.
- Operates equipment and performs a variety of golf course conditioning functions to include but not limited to greens mowing, tee/approach mowing, bunker raking, fairway mowing, and rough mowing.
- Provides labor and support for a variety of landscape functions to include but not limited to hand raking, push rotary and pruning, laying sod, topdressing, shoveling, hedge trimming, weed-eating, tree removal, debris removal and hand watering. All duties must be performed in a safe and efficient manner, and in a manner that does not disrupt golfers.
- Performs basic equipment maintenance functions daily to include but not limited to checking critical fluid levels, air pressure, and monitoring for leaks in equipment. Reports malfunctioning and damaged equipment and/or equipment maintenance needs in accordance with established procedures.
- Performs daily equipment cleaning activities to include but not limited to blowing and washing equipment in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area environment at all times and in all related work areas.
- Assists with the operation of tractors, skid-steers, trenchers, riding blowers, sod cutters, topdressing units and dump trailers as directed.
- Assists with fertilizer and pesticide applications as directed.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proposes improvement ideas to enhance work environment, operations, efficiency, and/or streamline work processes to a member of the golf course leadership team.
- Reports unsafe conditions and situations that warrant attention to a member of the golf course leadership team immediately or as soon as is practical.
- Performs all other duties deemed by management to be an integral part of the job.
- Ability to operate basic landscaping equipment
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented work environment
- High attention for detail
- High school diploma
- Previous golf course, landscaping, farm or construction experience required (minimum of 3 months)
- Possess a valid driver's license