|Location||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2022|
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD's Construction group has several openings for Equipment Operators to operate various types of heavy equipment (i.e. tracked excavator, dozer, wheel loader, etc.) associated with dirt work construction. As Equipment Operator you must demonstrate safe operation of assigned equipment based on changing operating conditions. This role can sit anywhere in the U.S.
Travel expectations: Projects are located throughout the U.S. Travel is on a rotational basis: 3 weeks onsite, home for a weekend and then back onsite for another 3 weeks. Travel, mobilization, hotel and per diem costs are paid by GHD.
Expected hours of work: This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work may vary based on project timelines and workload.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Read and interpret site-specific Safety Plan at each site (could be amended daily)
- Read and interpret equipment operator s manuals and rigging load charts (most equipment is rented, so the operator must learn new limitations for each piece of equipment)
- Read MSDSs or SDSs that accompany all new and existing chemicals brought to or used at the hazardous waste site
- Work in areas of uneven terrain
- May assist in the training of new or less skilled Equipment Operators
- Perform other duties as assigned
For success in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Minimum two years experience in the construction field
- Extensive knowledge of heavy equipment operating principles with proven understanding of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations
- Must be physically able to perform job tasks and wear and work in various types of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Experience with behavior-based safety programs
- Experience working with environmental contamination in soils
- Ability to demonstrate common sense understanding and carrying out detailed written and oral instruction
- Current 40-HR HAZWOPER Training
- Heavy Equipment Operator Certification
- Must be able to pass a background screen
- Must have and maintain a valid driver s license
- First Aid/CPR
- Excellent customer relations skills and strong work ethic